The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

installing balance shaft bearings...

3rdstrikedsm

Cam bearing tool or a socket and an extension.

SleepinGVR4

Yeah I got that much but how are you supposed to make sure it going in straight, Its not like you can hold it with one hand and hit it with the other. Turn the block on end?

3rdstrikedsm

If you are using a bse kit it does not really matter if it is going straight or not.

donniekak

I have a 32mm axle socket that works perfect. The thing is i use it backwards, with a 1/2" extension going into it from the wrong end. I do it this way because the other end is tapered, and lines the bearings up nicely.

TylerAdamson

In the 5 or so BSE kits I've done I've never had issues with bearings going in crooked. I always tape the bearing to the socket I'm using and apply a liberal coat of thread locker. They go in straight every time.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned