The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

installing a small 16g

Okay I have a 14b on now. I Have rc 550's, 255,
A-Fpr, maf-t, gm 3" Maf, Aem wideband, fmic,
Mbc, and rfl bov all installed. I also just got a
Small 16g with no play, has 3 lines on it, oil return, oil feed and I think a coolent feed. I have
Everything to push the turbo just want to make sure I'm not missing anything needed. I'm using stock exhaust mani for now have new bolts and I have to use the 14b j pipe untill I get
One with better flow. Just want to know the list of things needed to install a 16g in place of 14b.

jnava

Staff member
Fuel mods are the essentials and you look like you have all the goodies to support that turbo. BTW, I didn't see a rewire for your pump.

89Mirageman

Maybe obvious but I would get all new gaskets and crush washers just to be on the safe side. They're cheap and this isn't a job you want to do twice.

prove_it

The 16G, whether small or big, is a completly bolt on affair. You have to have any other mods, but you can't make more power without them.

Also get in the habit of replacing gaskets anytime you take something apart. It will save huge headaches in the end. You might want to consider a 2g or evo3 os housing as well to get more airflow out of the turbo.

I'm currently making 325whp at 22psi with my 2.5 in crushbent exhaust on my small ported 16G. These little guys are pretty impressive with the right supporting mods. Looks like with a good tune you should see around 250whp with what you got.

prove_it

Oh and if you have stock head to exhaust manifold studs, get some stainless ones and do it now. Be sure to torque all exhaust parts together so you won't break bolts.

And don't forget to change you fuel filter out, OEM is best in your case.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned