The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Installed LC-1 and now wont start!

rdomeck

I installed an Innovate LC-1 on a good running car and now it just spits and sputters when I try and start it. It acts like its out of fuel, but I have good pressure. I installed it using the front O2 input and used the brown output from the LC-1. I use a Mac so I don't have a way of hooking up the DB-9 connector to program the LC-1. If I understand correctly the brown output is a 0-5 volt and shouldn't need programming to be used? I also haven't figured out how to show the Air/fuel ratio in the logged values?

I have now noticed that I can log and display the LC-1 WB. But it is light gray which indicates to me that I don't have something set right. Still seems like this thing would start? It just acts like it's out of fuel, but I have 67 miles on a fill up and I have fuel pressure at the regulator! I have pulled the plugs and they don't look wet.

What id going on with this thing?
As always, thanks for the help!

gramkrakr89

ECMlink?

brown output is the wideband 0-5V output, used for logging or guages
the yellow output is programmed 0-1v for narrowband emulation i think

you need to change your wideband input to "FrontO2" and enable narrowband simulation in order for that to work, i think

rdomeck

I have done the things listed above. It tries to start, but acts like it's out of fuel. I have fuel and spark. This one is making me feel really dumb. I may try going back to the factory sensor and see if I can make it run. I would then know that I have a O2 sensor issue and not something else that just happened at the time I installed the WB!

rdomeck

I can't post a log on this site. See the link below for ECM's thread that I have started!

click

jepherz

Staff member
I could be wrong, but I'm wondering if the o2 sensor feedback is even taking place on a cold crank/start. I know you said the spark plugs don't seem wet, but can you ensure us that you haven't broken the coolant sensor wiring on the thermostat while digging around there? Maybe those wires are damaged and it's adding way too much fuel.

rdomeck

Very good thought^^ I will check and see.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned