The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Install Greddy Turbo Timer

I searched high and low but cannot find out which wires I need to splice for the greddy turbo timer. I got one uninstalled with the car i just bought and it does not have the adapter harness,just the plug with blue, green, and red wires. I dont want all of the features I just want it to do a count down.

Yup I have that, I need to know what color the correlating wires on the ignition harness are.

MitchooO

All you need is a test light and your set... Just know where 12v hot, 12v switched, And a ground right? for the timer part anyways.

Are the wire colors on our cars the same as a 1G, that will make this easier and I can just follow the FAQ on dsmtuners. Also, what about the factory alarm? Im pretty sure mine has one(when I lock the doors the green security light flashes on the dash). I know on 2G's with alarms it must be bypassed.

TurboTrader

Greddy also makes a plug and play harness for their turbo timers for the 1g. I have confirmed they will also work perfectly on VR-4's as well, the harness is the same.

The harness should run $15 or so, and well worth it. It makes things much easier, and much easier to remove if you decide to later on as well. Plus you don't have to hack factory wiring, which is a plus.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned