The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

In need of a "to buy" list to returbo the vr4.

Hi everyone, new to the forum but need help nevertheless. I recently got out of 2g's and bought my summit white gvr4 that has been made n/a by the previous owner. I have a 2g turbo manifold and a t25 (and a 16g handy), and was wondering what more i need, such as intercooler piping, feed and return lines, etc.

Thanks for the help!

jmorri15

you'll have to look how they blocked off the oil and water thats meant to run to the turbo. if you are planning on putting a bigger intercooler in then you might as well now, the stock one is a front mount but really small.

the oil is cut off by crimping the feed line off at the oil pan...not too safe. Is it possible to route a t25 to the setup?

jmorri15

the oil return is what runs to the pan and that should be able to have a new one bolted up, on the left front of the head you will see the oil feed for the turbo. You will need to get both lines along with the coolant feed and return for the turbo as well.

I've heard that it's a bad idea to use my t25, what is everyone's opinion on using my t25 against buying a t28 or 16g?

LIV4PSI

T25's are very small turbos. They are undersized for the 2.0l anyways. Plus the way compressor housing fires is different. I would stick with a MHI turbo, 14b or 16g, hell even a TDO4 13G will be better than that T25.

You will also probably need a turbo ECU, boost controller or solenoid, and possibly injectors. If you are familiar with DSMs, the turbo setup is not different. The stock VR4 intercooler is a joke, its the size of a 90 oil cooler. I agree you should just upgrade now.

The injectors and eprom ecu have been left alone, it runs rich due to it. I've had several 2g dsm's but nothing 4g63. All mine have been 4g64, thats why I'm a bit confused on this project.

deusamo

So, this car is now for sale on this site Here

Is there any particular reason I shouldn't buy it? I know the T25 is a piddly turbo, but it'll do until I can afford another one. The Intercooler is still in place, just not hooked up. The injectors and ecu are still the turbo ones. So all I need to do is reinstall the mainifold/turbo/02 housing (with oil and coolant lines of course) and I should be good to go, right? The only thing I can think of that would even possibly be an issue is if it's ran rich for a long time, then maybe the oil life has been compromised (from excessive blow-by) and there might be some bottom end damage. But even that seems unlikely (more of a worst case scenario).

Anyway, I'm planning on buying this car later this week. I'd rather buy a complete car that doesn't need immediate substantial work, but I can't get a response from anyone on any other cars. So jboy seems to win in that respect. Have I missed something? Should I avoid this car for some reason?

Jason G.

IMO, don't bother trying to put the t25 on. You can pick up a 14b setup for 150 bucks at the most.

Do a compression test on the motor, if it checks out it should be fine.

deusamo

Thanks man! Assuming all goes well, 287/2000 will have a new owner tomorrow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned