The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

If anyone is interested the the HKS turbo kit...

ducttapeguy

I have it off my car and completely apart if anyone wants pics or anything like that. Im going to have it rebuilt cleaned up and hopefully squeeze a bigger wheel in there. I know there was a bit of interest in earlier threads related to this kit so nows the time if you want any detailed pics or info.

Hell, maybe I can get some molds made. I have no idea how to go about doing that, but maybe.

Tyler

Jesus_Negros

Isnt there a FS thread on this turbo already?

JNR

Wihout being totally familiar with the HKS turbo kit, I would *think* the value in those is being the original pieces and not so much the design (as in there are superior designs now), as far as the molds and copying it is concerned; could be mistaken, but seems this is the case. For me, the only reason I'd buy it is to hang on to it for nostalgia purposes (not install or run it), if I were into these cars/engines *that* much, since it seems to hold its value for now.

ducttapeguy

Yes there is a FS thread, which I need to remove. I do plan on keeping the kit now. As for the molds, I just thought it would be cool to have around if anyone wanted the oldschool look without the price. Im sre there are much more effecient designs now, but this kit surprised me with how much power it made even without a built motor and a spot on dyno tune. Im pretty excited to see what its capable of with a rebuild of the turbo and a built motor. I think it will be plenty of power for me. For now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif I also dont see the point of having sweet parts and just letting them sit. This kit was a monster back in the day and it would be a shame to just let it sit and collect dust.

JNR

Yeah, I'm sure it's a pretty good design and works just fine...I guess my point is that I don't knwo that anybody would be willing to spend the $$$ on a knock-off, mainly cause I imagine it would get expensive to replicate, being it's a small # and all (NRE and set-up charges are $$$).

I say go for it and run it though...Heck, I have a Frank 4 turbo and while some folks scoff at it for being "old school", it works really well, makes tremendous power and is paid for (just got it rebuilt, which didn't need much, but nice to have 0 miles on it now).

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned