The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Idle Issue, Please Help

KiNgMaRtY

So before MOD, I decided to finally relocate my battery to where the OEM intake box would be and install a 2g Intake. I sourced out a rare Greddy 3" 2g Intake and installed it along with a 2g MAS. I put on a reducer coupler going in to the E316g. I installed ECMlink V3 and pulled out the Keydiver chip it had in there. I disconnected the SAFC2 it had on there and just rewired the MAS wire back to the ECU. I left the other wires tapped into the ECU from the SAFC2 and disconnected harness.

I start the car and the idle is fine. Car warms up and I rev it and I get idle surge. It then sits at like 1800-2000 rpm. I made sure I chose 2g MAS on link as when I ordered it they sent it to be using a 3g mas. I have to use a 2g Mas to match up the intake pipe. It drives great, but it just won't idle right.

Next day I start the car and just let it sit for like 10min and the idle is fine till I rev it a little and then the surge and high idle begins.

Car was working with no idle issues before I installed link and the 2g Intake setup so I am kind of in doubt it can be the ISC.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

spooling92vr4

Make sure the idle switch is getting depressed.. or simulate it with the dsmlink

KiNgMaRtY

I started the car and did not hit the throttle. Let the car warm up and it idles fine. I adjusted ISCPosition to 30

I then gave it a little throttle and let the surging begin.
I did the simulate and it got my idle at a steady 1800 RPM. Clicked it back off to have the switch back on and my idle dropped back to 1300 but recommenced surging.

I took some logs

This is when I hit simulate
TPS Simulate.elg

Idle Surge:
Idle Surge Log.elg
TPS Simulate.elg

Last edited:

nandovr4

I believe this is a vacuum issue. I'm dealing with the same thing right now. It is my guess that there is too much air getting passed the butterfly on the throttle body. On mine I can close the butterfly all the way and it still idles, but it should die. I would check the throttle body for leaks. I will be testing the theory on my own car.

Here are a couple of links to help:
click
click
click
click
click

Fernando

KiNgMaRtY

Thank you, I will look through the links. I don't think I have a TB issue as all I did was put in the 2g intake, 2 MAS, ECMlink and relocate the battery and then as soon as I start it, I have this problem

Overkill

Are all the coils in your ISC good because if a few are bad your ISC will not control the idle properly. A DSM member of codsm.org rebuilds them if you find yours to be bad and want it rebuilt. He has done a few for me and also does ECU repairs.

KiNgMaRtY

I will have to check it but I don't think it may be the issue because before I give it that rev, it idles fine and I was able to adjust the position via the BISS screw correctly. It literally happened from before to after the install of the new items

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts