The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

idle issue...halp

dmj

Has this problem been resolved. I am currently experiencing this exact problem. With the car idling no load I got 13.4 volts with ac on 13.1. Lights only 13.0. ac + lights I am at 11.9 volts.

Rebumping this with some more data as I'm chasing this issue now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

One of the things I notice is the car only dies when going from load to no load quickly. An example would be coming to a stop up hill or down hill. If I'm coming to a stop normally, the idle will dip but I've never had it die.

turbowop

And also, before I sold Josh the car, I installed ECMlink V3 and tuned it myself. No change to the idle issue when coming off revs, but the car absolutely rips when WOT. It idles perfectly otherwise. I even posted a log on the ECMlink forums and nobody said anything looked abnormal other than the idle dip. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

EHmotorsports

What is the isc position when the car starts to stumble? Does it show it's trying to correct? Or maybe it's correcting to much?

turbowop

Thread I posted about this issue on the link forums: click

And the log I posted: click

I had the ISC setup so that at idle with zero accessories turned on, it would sit at 30 steps, like everybody suggests. In that log, the headlights, foglights, and heater motor were all on, so it's up a bit more. Look at the sections of the log where idle dips to 500-600rpm. That is where the stumble occurs. It idles perfect otherwise, and the ISC motor bumps idle up accordingly for accessories and AC.

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

I will be able to look at the log saturday when I get home. But at least in link you can adjust off idle ISC position to help eliminate decel shutdown.

Scratch that just seen you already adjusted coasting offset

Just for S's and G's cap the port for the brake booster and test drive it.
Do you know what the fuel pressure is when you hit the Brakes? in the Log it shows you at
20.AFR then starts to pick up after it starts reading 19.4 few seconds later.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned