The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ideas for new battery/relocate

bigblock4g63

nice job

the-hulk2.gif

EMX5636

I'll try to get some pics of mine this weekend. It's mounted in the trunk, but I don't get hassled at the track because you can't see it. It's sealed and vented through the rear fender, and hidden behind the stock trunk carpet. I had to make a mount, but it wasn't hard to figure out. Yellow Top 51R BTW.

mrbonnell

Hey guys sorry for the long delay. Alright check it out, I did some good research on which battery I wanted. After looking at odyssey, braille, optimas and a few other I came across a company called SHURIKEN.

The SK-bt20 is the one I bought. Be as it was on sale and it offered more cranking amps than any other small batteries I looked at. 850 cranking amps, no need to worry about cold cranking amp since I live in Florida. It is 20 amp hour battery and is only 13.5 pounds and it a 3rd the size of a regular battery. It also comes with a 1 year manufacture warranty and the company I bought it from offered a 3 year extended warranty which I obliged.

I put it in the same place where I had it before for now until I can do my relocate project. Thanks for all the ideas im taking a lot into consideration. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

mrbonnell

I actually rummaged through the archives for a while and couldn't find anything I was looking for. Any chance you could post a link? I would love t read it.

Scott Y

Bunch of pictures here .
It puts the battery where the stock aircleaner used to be. I haven't had a lick of trouble with it in this location. I did have to drill a hole in the front stock aircan mount and lower it a little bit so the battery sits level.

PreskitVR4

Quoting mrbonnell:
How difficult is it to remove the cruise control unit?

Easy, just need a non-cruise cable out of DSM. Ten minute mod.

PreskitVR4

Quoting transparentdsm:
how about making a tray where the ABS unit was.

That turns into an issue because of cable re-location. The point of relocation is weight. Hanging it out over the nose, on the opposite side of the car is not gonna do anything for you. Mine is up against the strut tower using a modified DSM tray, without cruise. I hate not having cruise though, so the setup is going to change.

Last edited:

cupajoe

Quoting belize1334:
I got a JMFab kit for 1G dsm for the PC925. They say it doesn't fit, but it was really easy to adapt. Just get a piece of aluminum strap and use it to extend the lateral bracket up to the attachment point on the side of the strut-tower.

I'm going to be relocating the battery back under the hood soon and from all the searching I've done I like ths idea the best. Could you get some more picture with the battery installed ? Any clearance issues with the A/C line?

belize1334

No idea on A/C. Installed pics to come.

Last edited:

cupajoe

Here's the link to the how to.

click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts