The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

IC piping

I have been looking for the last couple days at different FMIC piping and can't decide what to get. I have a 29x9x3 FMIC I picked up for dirt a$$ cheap. I just need the piping now before I can get it installed. I want piping like the T/E/L, not the up and over pipe, I have a tube mani that I am installing at the same time that I cant use the stock outlet pipe due to them want to occupy the same space. I have found a J-pipe that appears will work Ebay link

Now I just need to find the rest of the piping, I want to try to get a kit that will need little modification to work. (Preferably none /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif) Or I need to know the bends needed to fab up my own. My access to a welder and cutting tools are very limited, so please take that into consideration. And I would like to try to keep it under 200 bucks. Any help and or hints or links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Pics wouldn't hurt your cause any. Kind of hard to just picture things. There are many styles of IC's. Besides, after pipes, couplers, and clamps, $200 isn't much to work with.

Its just a basic end to end IC But here is a pic

And I said incorrectly its only 29x9x2.5 not 3

And 200 seems fair to me, I built all the pipes for my old talon for around 75 bucks thats couplers and clamps included (granted that it was made with mild steel and to a sidemount). So I am sure it can be done for right around 200 or less for the G. I don't need some thing made of the lightest, most shiny, ect material I just need functional that looks decent (no crappy welds or what not)

Just kinda curious as to what "kits" other people have used successfully or which and how many bends are needed to accomplish this task.

Edit: Couplers and T bolt clamps are taken care of so thats not included in the 200 estimate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned