The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I want better brakes

turbophein

i want to get a better brake setup. i have the normal upgrade with 2 piston calipers and cross drilled and slotted rotors. its not good enough i get way to much brake fade, i had them so hot the other night, they literally were not working anymore.

i want something that looks nice also and fits on the 4-lug for now, i guess i would switch to 5 lug to be easier, i've been wanting some evo wheels.

i've seen the 3000gt calipers and cobra rotors but i couldn't find the brackets needed just the spacers.

any input from people with upgrades, i guess i would spend $500-$1000 for the safety of it.

thanks

gvr4ever

I think I've seen corvette brakes used too. Might be the cheapest rout, but I'm not sure.

They come with two pistons stock. Up front anyway.

Tre3zy

it will be alot easier if you were 5 lug... theres alot of options out there... cheapest one is the outlander rotor upgrade... all you need is the outlander caliper bracket and rotors... then theres the evo 4 piston and a guy in dsm tuners make brakets for them but i think it the evo calipers needs a bit of shaving... or you can get this: click

EHmotorsports

Performance pads and brake duct coolers will go leaps and bounds for brake fade. Also good brake fluid like AP.

turbophein

Quoting Tre3zy:
it will be alot easier if you were 5 lug... theres alot of options out there... cheapest one is the outlander rotor upgrade... all you need is the outlander caliper bracket and rotors... then theres the evo 4 piston and a guy in dsm tuners make brakets for them but i think it the evo calipers needs a bit of shaving... or you can get this: click

i will look into it thanks.

i think i am going 5 lug anyway, i was just reading certain sti wheels fit the 5 lug. i love the gold bbs wheels

LIV4PSI

Every year STi but 04 is 5x114, so you can use basically any of them. I unfortunately own an 04 STi hat came with Rotas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Tre3zy

i think the STI wheel offset is a bit high though... so the inner tire sidewall might rub...

Jesus_Negros

He has some wheels click

ToddTCE

Most of the Eclipse kits can be fashioned to work on four lug with a bit of effort. All the TCE hats are double drilled for both. Determining the exactly needs/wants can effect the options. And of course the price. No longer listed (but doable) are the old 12.2 kits for example. The market today is in the 13-14" rotor size for most is all.

JNR

You'll lose performance with cross-drilled rotors unless you go to a larger rotor...Basically think of the rotor as a heat sink and the more surface area, the better; drilling holes and milling slots removes some area and it's basically like having smaller rotors at that point. They look neat and all, but just something to think about and also the cheapie ones that somebody drills and mills into an oem rotor are prone to cracking and stuff, also.

There are a lot of nice oem calipers on the market these days, so I imagine there should be something really good you can use that won't cost a fortune and not take too much fabbing (like adapters). Luckily these cars are light compared to what those setups come of off, so imagine how well they may work!

Last edited:

marvinmadman

Quoting Tre3zy:

Which year and model Outlander?

tektic

3000gt brakes Rock auto prices as of today:
CENTRIC Part # 12846031L Stoptech Cross Drilled Front Left D
$59.89 $0.00 $59.89
CENTRIC Part # 12846031R Stoptech Cross Drilled Front Right D
$59.89 $0.00 $59.89

Caliper A-1 CARDONE Part # 191512 Remanufactured;
Friction Choice Caliper w/Installation Hardware Front Right; with Metal Piston B
$51.89 $31.50 $83.39
Caliper A-1 CARDONE Part # 191513 Remanufactured;
Friction Choice Caliper w/Installation Hardware Front Left; with Metal Piston A
$45.79 $31.50 $77.29

Brake Pad POWER STOP Part # 16531 Evolution Ceramic
$37.89 $0.00 $37.89
Subtotal $318.35
With shipping: Total $386.25
+ $99 STM Kit

Id Say that's a pretty good kit for about $500
Make sure yore going to fit them under your wheels.

Last edited:

Brunoboy

What setup is this^

Tre3zy

Quoting marvinmadman:

Which year and model Outlander?

read this thread:
click

turbophein

so our cars calipers are good, we just need the outlander brackets and rotors to work? is that what i just read?

Tre3zy

Quoting turbophein:
so our cars calipers are good, we just need the outlander brackets and rotors to work? is that what i just read?

yes sir!!! not a bad thing to try our for about $300 lol

turbophein

what can we do for the rears?

my right rear caliper starts squealing with any hard type of breaking for a minute or so, pretty sure it is sticking slightly, i had a hard time turning it back in when i repainted my rear subframe.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned