The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I think this car hates me

Steve885

Man I'm having such a hard time with idle...ready to tear my hair out. It's never consistent..
1 if I warm it to 150 + it surges after a mile or two at every light
2 if I don't warm it up it surges out of the drive way when the clutch is in
3 some time the idle dips so low at stops the oil light come on for a sec or it dyes
4 yesterday the idle went up to 2000 rps and wouldn't come down till the engine cooled for a hour

Any one experience this... Will. Link controll idle in some way

Jesus_Negros

All turbo mitsubishi hate their owners.

Try this click

dsm10o0

I had the same problem. Pretty sure you'll need a new or good condition fast idle air valve. Or you can buy the block off plate and you wont have to worry about it.

BpuVR4

since we're on the subject, when adjusting the biss screw, do you guys generally set it to the minimum turn as to it won't stall the motor? I've realized that even a 1/4 turn of hte biss (both leads grounded) affect how the car pulls. my isc is left unplugged by the way, and it holds idle just fine.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Do not forget to check for a ground return at the idle stop switch, located top side/back on the TB. There is a little bar that attaches the TB to the top rear stud for a return path for ground. Computer uses this at many instances, but solve your idle issues and at the same time check this.

MellowVR4

If you dont have FIAV blocked off/screwed in all the way, you might wanna do that.

mikus

If the last line means you're considering ECMlink, do it. you'll never look back. Plus you'll sort out idle easy.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned