The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I need pics for reference!

Nebraska

Fellow members....I have a modified sending unit so I don't know the original way it went and now I'm having trouble aligning it so that my fuel gauge works. Have tried many ways but a pic of your sending unit without the access hatch on could solve my problem!

Thanks in advance!

Garrett

car_guy

I just took mine out today. The fuel line should point straight toward the front of the car when it's installed in the tank. Sorry I don't have one in the tank right now.

Here's one of the factory unit sitting on the work bench so you can see how the float looks.

And here is a picture of a 1G on the left and the factory Galant unit on the right. I just did this swap today so happen to have them close.

Last edited:

Nebraska

Thanks! So with the fuel line pointed towards the front, the float should be perdicular in respects to the fuel line. I asked because I only had a broken one that I had to drill out and use AN fittings... So the float should face towards the passenger side and swing up and down? Sorry Im really trying to put this the best way I can lol

car_guy

It should swing back and forth past the pump. Basically the same direction that the fuel line is pointing. It seems like it would float up towards the back of the car in place.

Last edited:

Nebraska

I don't know if that sounds right? Look at the 2nd pic from the post before my last. I couldn't get the pump aligned the way you said because of the return line in the tank doesn't allow the float to position that way. Such a small problem is driving me crazy...never had this problem with any DSM

car_guy

Yeah you're right. My bad it looks like the float goes side to side in place. From driver side to passenger side.

Nebraska

Yep got it working this morning! Thanks though.

[RESOLVED]

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts