The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hyundai VC

5OF2k

Morning all!

Im sure this has been answered before, but where can I find a gasket and grommets/etc for the Hyundai smoothe VC, or will I be able to use the factory mitsu gaskets from out stock VCs? From looking at it, the shape looks slightly different to me, PLUS, the whole grommet/fastner dealio....

Thanks in advance! Have a good one!

-Jake

MellowVR4

auto part store. felpro part# VS50266R

Pretty sure this is it.

5OF2k

See, I've been there for that, but that doesnt include grommets and so-on. I need the whole shebang....

What year Hyundais do these smoothe VC come on? I've also searched for that, but really nothing solid to go by in that aspect either. I know the Hyundais came with the '63 for a fair amount of years, but which years had the Smooth covers?

-Jake

MellowVR4

that p/n is the one with the grommets.

MellowVR4

spark plug grommets right?

5OF2k

No, those arent grommets, those are considered the sparkplug tube seals. Im talking about the grommets that go on the inside of the sparkplug well and around the valvecover under the nuts for installing the valvecover. basically, like a half metal, half rubber washer that fits into the open holes on the valvecover and goes around the studs that sick up from the head, if that makes sense?

these:

click

MellowVR4

oh, those, i looked it up under 97 SONATA

G

Staff member
I wonder what the hyundai part # is for those?

5OF2k

Thats kind of what im trying to figure out. Id really like to use factory parts or as close to that as i can, and just the shape of the gasket area, plus the grommets suggest our gasket wont work.

If i knew exactly what year these came in, i could just go to the parts store and ask! Lol

-Jake

Wizardawd

It's not just the grommets that keep the standard VC gasket from working. The bolts have grommets, but they also have a thick 'shoulder' that actually go thru the gasket. The entire perimeter around the VC has a much thicker seal as well the spark plug tube seals being thicker.

I'm sure the grommets for the bolts could be found in a parts store or hardware store if the dealer can't source them. Just a rubber donut.

As far as the years for the VC, 95-98 Sonata, 95-96 Elantra.

Wiz

5OF2k

Thanks fellas, appreciate it!

-Jake

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts