The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hydraulic clutch questions

Kenny_Kline

I have a few questions regarding the hydraulic clutch setup on our cars. On the slave cylinder where the line goes into the thread, there was a plastic restrictor? with a spring behind it. I am assuming remove that piece all together. I have attached pics to show you. They arent the best pics, sorry. I am assuming leave it removed?

I dont know who said a 2G slave cylinder is a better bleeder position for out cars but whoever said that is full of sh*t! My bleeder valve is hitting the motor mount preventing me from threading in both bolts to install my slave ctylinder. Even if the hole did line up, the bleeder valve is in a horrible location. I may just modify my front driver motor mount but cutting some metal away to clear the bleeder.

Next, the clutch master sylinder. I heard to remove the restrictor from where the line goes in there. I tried to remove it but couldnt get it out. I put a good amount of force into it with a pick and its not moving. I dont think i cna get it out. Here is a pic of the piece I am trying to get out. Again, not the best pics. I can get better ones if need be.

Also, I shimmed my pivot ball. Here is the location of my clutch fork as far as it goes. I also have an extended slave rod that I am using. Do you think its necessary or should I use the stock rod? Probably am going to have to drive it to get an idea of what one I need.

Here are the pics. Your help is much appreciated!

DSC06836.jpg

DSC06815.jpg

DSC06816.jpg

DSC06817.jpg

DSC06818.jpg

DSC06804.jpg

4thStroke

The only definite answer I can give you is in regards to the plate and spring restrictor in the slave. Yes, pull it out and toss it.

You shouldnt need to use the extended slave rod.

Have you tried adjusting the clutch assembly under the dash?

solidviper89

+1 restrictor, but it can be removed, it lets the pedal not shoot back at you when clutch is let out. I think, or is it the other way around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts