The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hubcentric rings for aftermarket wheels

blacksheep

When switching to an aftermarket wheel, it is highly recommended to use hubcentric rings

Hubcentric rings are designed to fill in the gap between the hub of the car and the center bore of the wheel. Most wheel manufacturers design their wheels with a center bore large enough to fit on most cars. Therefore, since wheel manufactures make their center bore large enough to fit most cars, most wheel fitments have a gap between the hub and the center bore. This gap usually doesn't allow for the wheel to fit hubcentric but rather lugcentric which causes vibration. Therefore, to fill the gap and ensure the fitment is hubcentric, hub rings are used.

You will need to contact the rim manufacturer for the center bore of the rim.

- Most aftermarket wheels are generally a 73mm bore.
- Galant VR-4's have a 67mm centerbore.

So, to order for this setup, you would need a 73x67 hubcentric ring.

I ordered mine from DiscountTireDirect.com (1800-589-6789 x427) You will probably talk to Norm who is super nice and will take care of ya. A set of 4 is about 20 bux shipped! I had it at my doorstep in 2 days!

Below is an image of a hubcentric ring. It is for a 67mm rim with 59.8 centerbore.

img.php

For low-profile tuner style lugnuts, I recommend buying them from summit racing. I ordered GOR-21133BC (black chrome). It is 29.99 and comes with the spline tool.

Hope this helps someone!

pic 1: hubcentric ring laying next to rim

rimhcr.jpg

pic 2: hubcentric rim inside the rim (in the center)

hcrinrim.jpg

Last edited:

prove_it

blacksheep

I will say the plastic ones are crappy, they seize and break. The aluminium ones are better. I would coat them with anit-seize when installing on the hub to prevent seizing issues.

PS - Holy thread from the dead. I read it and was like who posted this - LOL, it was me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings