The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How to search for harness?

alik

A section of my harness (namely right near the water neck) has pretty much disintegrated. I stopped by a couple of local junkers, but they don't have any DSMs.
Question is, how do I search on car-part.com for a piece of harness?

(That's the motley crew of sensor connectors near the water neck, including the O2 sensor. They're all busted. I can either source out the connectors one-by-one, or graft a piece of harness.)

Thanks!

Struc

It happens to all of them. Too much heat.

I pulled my harness apart all the way back to behind the intake manifold, near the firewall, and soldered new wires there and rebuilt the harness.

tektic

No one is going to stock part of a wire harness.

You can get new spade conectors and solder them on with as much wire as you need to replace the burnt piece. The only thing on this section is the o2 sensor and the various temp sensors.

Most time I've had problems in this area it was just broken ends. The wires inside the brittle plastic cover was usually fine.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts