The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How to dissarm the factory alarm from my vr4

well im new to the vr4 but not new with the 4g63t got my first 4g63 when i was 16 years old i stay in cali my city is anameim i just recently just picked up this vr4 it is a 91 number 550/2000 and im having a problem with the stock alarm it will arm when i lock the car from the switch on the door but when i unlock it with the key and open the door with alarm will go off idk if their is something im doing wrong or something i am missing but i am stumped so if you guys could help me i would really appreciate it thanks

thanks it kinda helps it tells me how to eliminate it
i still want the alarm i just want to know how i can
dissarm it... cuz shouldnt unlocking it with the key dissarm it??
correct me if im wrong

SouthCaliVR4

On the backside of the door & trunk locks is a switch, if yours is missing or no longer working it will set off the alarm every time you open the door. try it from the pass side to see if its just the drivers door. ditto on the trunk.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Mine is doing this same thing intermittently. I believe I have it narrowed down to the problem being with the wiring or switch in the driver's door, as I have to unlock the trunk (maybe the other door, haven't tried that yet) to disarm it. Unlocking the driver's door does not stop it. That seems to be the logical conclusion from the troubleshooting table.

That's strange! The only door I can unlock on 1947 to get the alarm off is the drivers door. The rest are fail.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting iceman69510:
Mine is doing this same thing intermittently. I believe I have it narrowed down to the problem being with the wiring or switch in the driver's door, as I have to unlock the trunk (maybe the other door, haven't tried that yet) to disarm it. Unlocking the driver's door does not stop it. That seems to be the logical conclusion from the troubleshooting table.

Fixed mine today, I pulled the driver door key cylinder off and tested it with the volt meter. Seemed dead at first on the unlock function, so I took it apart. Nothing seemed obviously damaged or wrong with it. I adjusted the little metal arm inside the switch for more pressure on the switch traces, and tested it again to make sure it kept continuity throughout the entire sweep. Put it back in the door, and seems to work ok now. Will see over the next few days.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I may not have fixed it, since it did it again later. Thought I had it when I tested. Too cold, windy and snowy right now to worry about it. I will work on it more later.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts