The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How much does recirculating BOV help keep boost up between gears?

yeti

So I’m running SD with a vented Greddy Type s , was wondering if I recirculate it will it keep the turbo spooled while shifting?

Idk if it’s because I haven’t driven this car in awhile and am not used to it, but I feel like I’m losing all my boost between shifts, mostly between 1-3 unless I keep the Rpms up.

I adjusted the BOV today to soft ,I’m also only using 1 ( the top) of its vacuum lines if anyone knows anything aboot the Type s. And I think that helped, but I could also just be getting better at shifting and keeping the revs up.

I did some searching and it seems that recirculating the bov doesn’t help much but I thought I’d ask.

Also people say just use the NLTS function on link and it’s completely resolved. So I might do that as I still have the little wire they supplied me with 10 years ago lol.

KiNgMaRtY

I've always felt that running vented makes the shifts feel like you are describing. Just recirculate it and see how much better you like it. Being tuned on SD will help with not running rich between shifts but you still loose that air.

yeti

So I recirculated it, but I had to switch back to stock 2g intake with mAf attached just not plugged in.

I feel like I like the shifts better but the lack of turbo spool from not using the FP intake pipe makes it hard to tell the difference.

I guess I’ll be getting a port welded onto my intake pipe.

MellowVR4

I have mine on SD also with a synapse bov vented and have been tossing the idea of recirculating to see what happens.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts