The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

how many cause of oil out at rod oil level

Kitti

now my engine have oil out at rod oil level then wot.
how many cause to be that?
i set boost around 22 psi.
i look forward to hear any advise. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Barnes

Sometimes the dip stick (oil level rod) gets old and loose and will come open under WOT. Get a new dipstick, or a 2g DSM dipstick if this is the case. Or just wire it down somehow.

Also, your PCV valve could be bad causing high crank case pressure. I would check this.

Or last, but least likely in my opinion; you have bad piston rings and you are getting a LOT of blow-by.

Kitti

tks for your advise. and i wish am shouldn't last case that mean a lot money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif
the PCV if clean by solvent still back good? if not i will buy new both of dipstick and PCV.
and will try to check combustion again. tks friend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Barnes

Yes, you can clean the PVC with solvent if it is stuck. If it is clean, you should be able to shake the PCV and hear it rattle.

mitsuturbo

A short piece of rubber hose clamped onto the dipstick tube, and extending up past the end of it a bit is a good way to hold the dipstick in as well. This much blowby should be cause for concern, however. You may want to look into setting up a better breather configuration, as the setup our cars came with wasn't meant to handle the kind of things we do with our cars.

AWDPower

I believe the saying goes that a good engine can blow out a bad dipstick, and a bad engine can blow out a good dip stick.

Kitti

past 10km ago i had check the combustion of my engine. the result is fine.(157-144-163-160)
if talk about breathe tube. the past have many oil out from breathe tube in front of turbo so i decide put a small fuel filler to into that tube. it better.
but now it out from rodstick.
the over setting boost(22psi) is reason, cause the oil it out then WOT? i use manual value to set my boost.

Street Surgeon

You could either buy, or make something like this.
click

Or this (look closely at the dipstick)
click

Kitti

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif buy all these engine for this dipstick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
tks friend i will try to make it. i think it no to difficult.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts