The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How do you disable the alarm?

Unplugging hood switch takes care of one alarm. Shorting the trunk wires takes care of another. But neither will resolve an issue with the door alarm system. I don't know how you do that (fortunately my similar alarm issue was related to the trunk).

Hood and trunk fixes will take care of most alarm issues. But some folks do have problems with door switches. So who among the veterins here will step up and help the newbies out on this one?

give me a moment & i'll look through the diagram & see if i can figgure out to dissable the whole system.

OK, it does look like there is a single wire @ the module that can be cut to disable the system without interfering with the modules other functions.

Before I put it out there I want to try it on my own car first. I'll bring her in with me tomorrow & post up the results.

Btw, my alarm works fine, so no saying I don't return the love (nohomo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

mine also works fine, but I just have to find the disable wire for my remote start to work... otherwise I'm going to have to hope I can return it. Is the wire you are talking about the disable wire?

rgeier11

Quote:
OK, it does look like there is a single wire @ the module that can be cut to disable the system without interfering with the modules other functions.

Before I put it out there I want to try it on my own car first. I'll bring her in with me tomorrow & post up the results.

Btw, my alarm works fine, so no saying I don't return the love (nohomo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

I love you. I do.

CP

I didn't read the entire thread, but why not just disconnect the alarm horn?

that would be great to finally be done w/ that stupid alarm and possibly get a good one down the road

Got it!! Ok, the pic is under the drivers side of the dash. the silver box is the cruise control module, the etacs module is the one located above it (And impossible to get out without dropping the fuse block). you can however see the harness that goes to it & it is easy to get at (pic 2), open the harness & find the yel-blu wire & cut it(as shown). all functions of the alarm have been disabled.

You still get the security light (green) but thats it.

After you cut the wire insulate it, re wrap the sub harness & you're done.

Now if you all will excuse me I have to splice a wire back together.

img.jpg img.jpg

Quote:
Brandon, your car has problems. Maybe they can figure out why your headlights come on when you turn on your left blinker too.

That just adds character /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thanx IslandVR4...went out to disable the alarm and the dumb thing went off so I let it keep goin off so when I cut the wire it would go off and I would know I cut the right one. It worked so now hopefully that doesn't effect anything else in the car. Thanx again.

Rausch

good work man!!!! i have both the hood, and trunk switches disabled, but the damn thing went off because of the door switchs. perfect timing!!! i just kept unscrewing the door switch that was causing the problem, and it solved it, but i get no interior lights now. thanks!!!!

mikus

Just cut the Yellow w/ blue wire & successfully disabled alarm.

If like me the yellow/blue looked yellow/green to you, it's surely the right guy. There's only 2 yellow striped wires on this harness, the other is yellow w/red.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Good info for the colorblind! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Actually, I have found some "anomolies" on a couple of harnesses, and have always had the best luck consulting the wiring diagram for the system.

It can be found in the library

Pushinink

sorry to revive such an old thread, but I figured it would be better than starting a new one. I do have a few questions as well as some info hopefully others could use in the future. First off, I would like to know where the 'brain' of the oem alarm is located? so I can unplug it and perm. disable it. On my 91 vr4 it is not above the interior fuse block as it was for others nor did I have a yellow/blue wire to cut to disarm. I have had alarm and door lock issues on this car since day 1. My solution was to get aftermarket real alarm with door actuators (all of which are already installed and working great) Now the problem is when I lock my doors it arms the factory alarm. I thought about unplugging the oem door lock motors and keyswitchs in the doors but if for some reason it arms the oem alarm I wouldnt have a way to disarm it with switches unplugged.
Now, the 2 boxes I have above the fuse box, 1 of them says omron and has a large yellow plug going into it. I thought this was the alarm, but I have it unplugged with same issues so obviously it is not the alarm. The other box has 2 plugs side by side and it has something to do with the power windows being when I unplug it thats the only thing that doesnt work. Like I said neither of these have the yellow/blue disarm wire everyone is referring to.
Just so everyone else know, aftermarket door actuators are cheap and easy to install on our cars. I got mine at pep boys for 7$ each. Directed part number 524t. They will also work with pretty much any alarm system with 2 relays (look up 5 wire aftermerket actuator door lock relay wiring for diagram) anyhow I hope someone has some insight on this and also hope it helps someone else on down the road

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts