The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How do you disable the alarm?

Everytime I lock my doors, the alarm goes off a few minutes later. Is there a way to disable it?

gtluke

unplug the switch under the hood, its usually the culprit
its on the radiator support, a little rubber button thingy that gets pushed down by the hood.
sometimes the rubber is gone and a little white thing is sticking up.
-luke-

NYC86ZC

i'm wondering the same thing.

Is there a fuse just for the alarm that I can just take out. My car almost didn't start the other day apparently becuase the alarm was going off all night.

mine was doing it the other day too out of nowhere /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif My carbon fiber hood is probably so puss that it sets the trigger off

atc250r

Staff member
What Luke said it right. The most common cause I've found that makes it go off is the underhood switch. If you want to disable it you've got to either ground a wire on the trunk latch or maybe short two of them together. The answer has been stated on here a few times.

John

Ground the factory alarm disarm wire in the kickpanel and the alarm will stay disarmed. The wire will meter as a negative trigger when the key is turned to the unlock position in the driver door. Anyone remember what color it is?

Thanks for the help. I unplugged the switch under the hood and locked the doors and the alarm hasn't gone off yet. It'll be so nice to be able to finally lock the doors.

DR1665

I found this thread a couple weeks ago and it jinxed me. The horn on mine doesn't work, but this afternoon, while buying some smokes, the damn thing started honking all feeble and sickly-like.

I assume the grounding the sensor in the trunk or unplugging the hood sensor are ways to disable the alarm when it's getting false triggers from those points, while grounding the wire in the fuse box is an overall fix, correct?

Thanks. That alarm horn is super gay.

3Diamond

I thought the most effective means of disabling the stocker was just pulling the 2 relays?

CP

Does the factory alarm do anything other than makes noise (starter disable or similar)? If not, I'd think the easiest way to kill it would be to unplug the alarm horn on the firewall.

I've only managed to set mine off once, but I forget how I did it.

I'm seriously tired of this alarm.....where is this wire in the kickpanel or which whire in the trunk do I need to cut/ground or wutever? Anyone w/ pics or anythin? I've been leaving my battery cable kinda loose so I can jump out and pull it to get it to stop. KInda embarrassin. Any help?

There is a search button at the top of this page in bold. This topic has been covered many times.

Open your trunk and look up at the lock mechanism on the trunk. There are 2 wires going to the lock. These wires disable the alarm when you open the trunk with a key. You need to cut these two wires. Now, splice the two wires together (not the pieces still attached to the lock). This should permantly disable the alarm assuming your wiring is in good shape. I don't know the kick panel method off the top of my head, it's not as easy to remember.

-Josh

I have unplugged the button under the hood and spliced the wires in the trunk. Everything seemed fine for the past 2 days until a few hours ago when the dumb thing went off again.
Is there any other way to get rid of this thing? Right now I have my battery terminal lose so I can yank it if it goes off but this causes a prob cuz sometimes I have to get out and jiggle it to start the car. I've done searches plenty of times on this subject and seen about a wire in the kickpanel but I need to know which wire or what else I can try cuz this is very annoying.

I saw an old post and it showed a relay under the dash and in the pic he has one listed as alarm. If I pull it will it kill just the alarm or other things also? I'm gonna check into my doors to see about the switches in it hard-wiring them if I can't pull that fuse w/o losing other things.

rgeier11

I have had the same problem for awhile and have been able to find no solution. I have done the trunk wiring mod and the under hood one with no change.

I'd like to find this "main security" relay deal thing as well.

I have taken apart my driver's and passenger's door and unplugged switches and tried some things, but nothing has worked.

I've done the trunk and under hood but not doors yet but it still goes off whenever it wants. Someone hasta have another fix idea or be able to say about the relay or something.

Quote:
Ground the factory alarm disarm wire in the kickpanel and the alarm will stay disarmed. The wire will meter as a negative trigger when the key is turned to the unlock position in the driver door. Anyone remember what color it is?

I also need to find this wire so I can install my remote start... and this is what I came up with by searching... anyone know?

punisher

Quote:
Everytime I lock my doors, the alarm goes off a few minutes later. Is there a way to disable it?

Brandon, your car has problems. Maybe they can figure out why your headlights come on when you turn on your left blinker too.

LT4mula this is what I come up w/ everytime I search also and so far all I seem to get when I ask is the trunk and hood or someone saying to search like that hasn't been tried 1000's of times....I did find one where hertz had posted 3 links to ways to disable it but the links didn't work. So no solution to fix it though and I've done trunk and hood w/ no success

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts