The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

how do you delete power steering

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Quoting zeek13:
power steering pump is leaking so i just want to go ahead and delete it. also wouldn't mind working on my forearm muscles

Fix it and keep your arms the way they are.

The super friendly guy linked to above, is thinking of going back to his power steering setup in the Colt/Mirage.

What part of the system is leaking? There area couple of lines involved beyond the cooler stuff, and they aren't that hard to have replaced by a hydraulic shop

or an exact duplicate part from Dorman/OEM, etc.

If you still have rear steering, then there is a thread for block that off also and retaining just the front portion.

Fish

Very true, if it's a daily driver car I wouldn't think about deleting power steering. That link was more of a deterrent to show how much work it really is to delete it properly. It's much easier to fix the leaks than to do all that work to delete it. But if you seriously want it gone that's the way to do it.

raptorWagon

A non-powered power rack is going really build up your muscles, much more than a manual rack.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts