The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hotbits with external reservoir

grocery_getter

Anybody have pictures of these installed in the car without the wheel on? Installing a set right now and wondering about the front set. When you install the front ones with the external reservoir, do you put the reservoir toward the front of the car or the rear of the car?

iLLeffeKt vr-4

I think it was towards the rear.

bazeng

I have done mine to the rear.

Mine has the brake bracket on both sides of the strut (1 hole with thread and the other side has a stud).

I use the hole and thread to hold my brake lines up.

Clearance is ok this way also.

Never tried to mount them with the cans facing the front.

grocery_getter

So I finally mount them with the external reservoir towards the rear of the car as well.

I was afraid that mounting it towards the rear would get the reservoir pinched when you are at full lock but verified last night that it is ok to mount it that way. The other thing is having to do as well with the camber plate attached on top. Mounting it on the wrong side would also limit the amount of negative camber that can be dialed in since the adjustable bottom plate of the camber plate assembly is actually cut flat on one side to allow for more travel before the edge of it hits the inner strut mounting bolt.

The hotbits assembly looks great and well build.

Larry Parker

oh that's some old stuff!!

593341019_b97ec38b92_o.jpg

grocery_getter

Yup the one I just installed are black too. Looks cleaner. I love the red anodized parts against the black background.

CP

Larry's the MAN for suspension stuff. He was great to work with when I bought my set from him and needed to play with different spring rates.

bazeng

A quick question while we are on topic (suspension/coilovers)

What is the difference apart from strength with having a larger / thicker rod/shaft (is that what you call it?) vs a thinner one.

The hotbits seem to have a thin rod/shaft whereas bilsteins and DMS have much thicker ones.

Yet piston sizes are similar.

Would this be a negative with the hotbits?

christo

I know my front JIC's look like they are huge because they are inverted so you see the shock tube, not the shaft. My guess is the DMSs' are as well.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts