The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Holy Cow..Whats up w/ my ECU?

Ted Andkilde

There was a guy here on the board who was "rebuilding" ISC's for a very reasonable sum at one point. Less than $100 if I recall correctly.

Someone else will remember who hopefully.

Cheers, Ted

I just bought a rebuilt ISC from a company in Houston that basically just works with ISC's and ECU's from DSM cars. It wasn't the cheapest ($125), but they give a 1 year warranty and seem pretty trustworthy. I haven't installed the new ISC yet but would assume it works fine.

The website is www.ecmtogo.com or the phone number is 1-888-ECMTOGO if you want to check them out.

FYI, Dave Mertz of Maryland can fix this. If you want his contact information, he is very reputable and has been doing this for a long time.

Quote:
Quote:
Oh crap, Guess ya just have to find a source for them.

They are low saturation voltage drivers. New ones are impossible to find in the US so most of us recycle good ones from bad ECU's.

The ISC does do more than just manage idle. It's also emulates a dashpot to keep the engine from stalling when you close the throttle.
Anytime you read 0 ohms across one of the ISC windings you can count on the driver being blown. It's also common for IC105 to be blown when C106 leaks and shorts the ISC trace under it to +12.

Steve

No wonder in the weeks leading up to my car really dying (read: clicking from the ECU and not starting, if it would start it wouldn't idle) it would die if I floored it then backed off the throttle.

Quote:
I just bought a rebuilt ISC from a company in Houston that basically just works with ISC's and ECU's from DSM cars. It wasn't the cheapest ($125), but they give a 1 year warranty and seem pretty trustworthy. I haven't installed the new ISC yet but would assume it works fine.

The website is www.ecmtogo.com or the phone number is 1-888-ECMTOGO if you want to check them out.

Price is $165 shipped now, sadly the other places I called didn't have any, so thats what I paid.

FWIW...ECU repaired, good "preowned" ISC, and the rest of the car put back together. Runs great, never idled better! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts