The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

high rpm shifting

hey every one. my e39a vr4 wont shift gear over 6500 rpm have to wait until the revs drop to 4000 or it will just grind anyone have a idea what it could be replaced clutch but did nothing

4thStroke

If you have the car in 1st, with the clutch disengaged, at a stand still, does it lurch forward if you rev it? Rev it to 7,000RPM. If it moves, check your slave cylinder and master cylinder.

it dont move forward even on the launch control have replaced master cylinder. there is abit of freeplay in the clutch pedal though

brisvr4

Does it lock you out in every gear over 6500?
It could just be a case of worn out syncro's.
Mine would lock me out of 3rd gear at high RPM, I rebuilt the box and changed the bearing pre-loads and now it shifts fine at 8000 in any gear.

AuSpecVr4

Check you clutch is fully dis-engaging
Could be worn sincros if never replaced
try adjusting your shift cables under your console, you will need 2x 10mm spanners, play around with them, more then likely if you havent got new cables they could of stretched really far by now. I adjusted mine today because i always had problems with 2nd any higher then 3000 and selecting reverse, 3-4th gear if fine tho. So just note that before you go and pull apart master cylinders and gearboxes.

I agree with our Aussie mates on this one. I had a buddy who was having the same issues and it turned out to be the synchro's. As far as the pedal issue, did you bleed the clutch really well when you installed the new clutch and cylinder? There's a clutch adjustment under the dash on the clutch pedal too that will help.

it was the cylinder ajuster under the dash gave it a turn out and its alot beter drag racing next week so see how it realy go's. cheers for the help

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned