The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

high rpm miss.

4doorboost

so out of nowhere my car started missing at upper rpm. at first it was around 4500 so i backed down the boost and now its up around 5500-6k. i get no check engine lights. tps sensor is reading fine. im gunna change the plugs today and see if that helps. maybe my tune is off, but it never used to do this. i could run 20psi no problem and now i have the boost at 16 and still i get upper rpm misses.. could it be electrical or possibly fuel
any help appreciated. thanks

4doorboost

also i have a walbro 255 replaced the injector seals not to long ago, dont think i have any bost leaks. im thinkin maybe the boost controler or possibly even a loose rocker...

alansupra94

What kind of plugs are you running? Have you gapped them recently?

4doorboost

i run ngk brp 7 gap should be good i usually gap em between .025 and .028 but im gunna check em today. i think its electrical because this started happening after i got my car detailed so i think something under the hood got wet. no cel code though and only happens full boost high rpm full throttle.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned