The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

High Performance Intake Manifolds

Quote:
Garfield, got any data on the performance of that hybrid manny?

Howard, I wasn't there when this design was 1st tested over 3 years ago, but I'm told 100hp on a full race engine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif Ofcourse on a street engine with mild work I don't think the gain would be that signicant. In the near future (when I finally dyno my car), I'm going to dyno with the oem mani & then with this. I have a friend with a fully built 2.4l galant that is working out the details of his 25g setup with this manifold. We're planning on going to the dyno the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quote:
Nate put on a Cyclone intake and dynoed his car and lost roughly 60-80 hp. His setup is pretty close to mine. He put the EVO intake back on. (The EVO intake is very simular to the US intake.)

If the Evo intake matched his head ports (2 G sized) then the Cyclone manifold would not of matched.

Garfield you got any idea on price? I would like the power to just not fall off after 7k and keep the stock powerband. The evo 8 manifold is sick on those cars. It is perfect. Does not start dropping power till over 8k with a great powerband. Wish there was a aftermarket manifold available for us that did that.

there is. its a hogans, AKA extreme motorsports. Very pricey but very very nice.

Hogan manifold is made for pure flow as is BJ one
thats y they make more power than any other intake out there
what needs to be done is intake that has longer runners of at least 6 inches with velocity stacks to even out the flow to all 4 runners and a hefty size plenum.
but with plenum size bigger than stock u will obviously loose that low end torque

Quote:
Garfield you got any idea on price? I would like the power to just not fall off after 7k and keep the stock powerband. The evo 8 manifold is sick on those cars. It is perfect. Does not start dropping power till over 8k with a great powerband. Wish there was a aftermarket manifold available for us that did that.

What about a cyclone type manifold with slightly smaller, but same length primary runners, and bigger&shorter secondary runners? With a vtec-type controller you could control the changeover point. In theory it would give just as much bottom end with a bit more topend. Wouldn't like to think about the cost, though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Didn't Alex's partner from Dentsport (sorry don't remember your name /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif ) post a pic of a Lancer Evo Group A Cyclone some time ago. That one looked the ticket, with shorter fatter runners and a bigger plenum than the VR4 cyclone.

Mike.

Quote:
Garfield you got any idea on price?

Geo, Contact Steven Wright 9am-5pm 954 290 0145 or email him at [email protected] Tell him I referred you. I don't recall pricing, I do believe it's less than the Forester mani.

boostx

Quote:

will there be any performance gain if the runners curve and made as long as the stocks one and not straight

Last edited:

the word you're looking for i beleive is TAPER. one of the newer Modified mags has a nice article on intake mani design, also written by Martin at ams

powerplay

For the members who were interested in seeing the cyclone intake HPC coated, here are some pictures.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned