The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

hi im new

Im new to the dsm world so be patient with me this is my first turbo car so I may ask stupid questions I own 782/1000 can't wait to learn more about these cars

Brunoboy

welcome and we are not "DSMs", we are our own breed. Somewhere I think we need a Sticky of "Galant Vr4s are NOT DSM's" ...
-shane

Lol thanks and I new that but we are in the same category same basic drivetrane most parts being interchangable and all

GSX_TC

Welcome to this Forum, Read this click and this click and post pics of your ride so we can all see. im mike btw

Last edited:

Galactica

Welcome to the forum! "Junior Member" here. It is true that a lot of parts are interchangeable, BUT our Galant's were all built in Japan and shipped here, unlike the "Diamond Star Motors" which were built here. There's a million Eclipses, Lasers, and Talons, there were only 3000 Galant VR4's and I doubt there's even 2000 left. This really is the best place to be now that you own a VR4. In my short time here, I have gained a wealth of knowledge from many people and have had a fantastic time. Enjoy!

mikus

blah blah blah, we're not DSM's and mind your spelling please.

Welcome, toss up some pics and tell us what you'd like to do. We've got opinions like JD's got Salinger

RedTwo

Evos are DSMs by that logic. That must include some Hyundais too.
What about JDM Eclipses? Are they DSMs? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

Brunoboy

There are no Eclipse/Talons/Lasers in Japan.

GSX_TC

Actually there are DSM's in Japan, i saw them every now and then when i lived there for a few years, but they obviously werent made in japan though. they were shipped there. I wanted to bring mine over there so bad but it wouldnt of been worth it.

heres a few pics of some DSM's i saw while i lived in Japan first one was a 2g Spyder and the other was a nice 1ga that was speeding by, i tried to hurry and take the picture but all i got was the back of it. (sorry for the crappy quality, they were taken with a cell phone at the time)

EClipse.jpg

DSM.jpg

Last edited:

Brunoboy

True I know they were imported there but none are made there and no "Jdm" parts are available.

GSX_TC

yep thats exactly what i said too man lol. i just had to post that for the record.

Last edited:

welcome original poster. dont mind the dsm talk. Most people dont understand it. and yes your galant may not be a "DSM" it is the same thing.

mitsubishi was losing money importing cars and branding them under other companies (starion/conquest, colt, ect) so they built a factory here, with chrysler to save on importation/contract costs. A few years later, mitsu bought out chrysler's portion of DSM. the word dsm died in the 90s but "DSM's" were built up to 99 or 2000 i think (contract agreement).

RedTwo

Quoting GSX_TC:
Actually there are DSM's in Japan

Really? I was just throwing loosely connected vehicles out there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I saw one in Rarotonga - which only has one, 22km long, road. It runs the perimeter of the island /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Thank u spoolinturbo that's all my point was lol any ways sorry to those I have offended and I don't have any pics she is in the garage with a blown turbo (how I got her) I will be sure to post some after she is back on the road

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts