The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help with my rear hub?

number936

I'm trying to dig up part numbers and the local parts store isn't much help. I called the dealership and got some Mitsubishi part numbers I'm trying to work with but not getting too far, I'll keep looking, but in the hour I'm searching, I'm sure someone on here knows exactly where to find them!

What I've got so far:
Inner bearing: Timken/National 511014
Outer bearing: 511015

From the dealership:
Inner seal: MB393807 --> Timken 710152
Inner cover: MB393803 --> Still need these two!
Outer cover: MB290428
Which is where I run into trouble. The service manual shows two seals/dust covers on the outer bearing, and one on the inner, unlike what the dealership told me.

I'll keep digging, thanks in advance for everyone's help.

*edit. Found a pic showing what what they mean by inner and outer covers. Those are the only two that I can't find in the parts store. It would be nice if I could find numbers to get these from the parts store, since I'm about 80 miles from the mitsubishi dealership, and my car doesn't have a wheel!

Last edited:

Terry Posten

Here is a post with factory numbers.
click

Here is a How To:
click

Last edited:

number936

That's a good write up! I will probably steal your makeshift bearing press idea.

I ended up ordering the two outer dust covers from the dealership. Looks like my cars down til Friday at the soonest.

number936

well it turns out that the 710152 number isn't right.

It shows up on rockauto.com as the right part number when looked up by application, and gives dimensions for the seal.
It can be looked up through O'reilly's computer and comes up right,
The National seal book also lists it for this application,
and looking it up in the National industrial book by dimensions comes up with the same part number

But..... the part that comes in the box does not match the dimensions given in the book.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts