The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help with meth/water injection

prove_it

Link does allow for a second set of timing/fuel maps for use during meth or nitrous.

turbowop

Quoting Mdlimy:
I have never bothered with controllers, I just use a boost activated switch to turn the pump on or open a solenoid, then it just sprays at 100% duty.

Does link not allow secondary map tuning for meth injection? Or even nitrous?

If not I hope you have a clear warning light to tell you when the system has stopped injecting. Unless of course you don't plan on tuning for the water/meth and are just using it for the increase in detonation ceiling and lowered iats. I prefer to get the most out of it and tune in the additional timing and lean out the rich mixture while spraying.

You could always setup a two stage boost controller, and retune your timing and fuel on the high boost portion of the map and leave the low boost portion safe for no water/meth and use a warning light for low pressure/low flow and when you see that light come on just make sure you have your boost controller set to low /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This is basically how mine is setup. No controllers. Just a Hobbs switch telling 'link when to switch maps and when to start spraying meth. There are failsafes built into my setup as well. A second Hobbs switch is mounted at the nozzle. If it doesn't see meth pressure, the whole system shuts down, 'link reverts to the pump gas map and the boost controller goes to low boost. Been working great since '06ish.

prove_it

And then link turns the fans on

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
1051 is all about the fans!

vr4hotness

Lol.

No fail safe, just a upgraded solenoid controlled under boost.

I don't daily my car and I plan to have the meth turn on at 10psi.

Just got done installing the lines

AnotherNewb

Quoting turbowop:

This is basically how mine is setup. No controllers. Just a Hobbs switch telling 'link when to switch maps and when to start spraying meth. There are failsafes built into my setup as well. A second Hobbs switch is mounted at the nozzle. If it doesn't see meth pressure, the whole system shuts down, 'link reverts to the pump gas map and the boost controller goes to low boost. Been working great since '06ish.

When was the last time you did a BLT? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts