The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help with control arm bushings- which way to install?

Gvr4-330

This is definately a newbie question but I couldn't find anything from searching so...

I'm installing new bushings on my front control arms. The stock ones are still in the car, so I really can't tell...

Which direction do the bushings go? The rear bushings with the big marshmallow bushing has one end that's thicker than the other. Which side goes towards the front?

The metal sleeve around the front bushings is offset more towards one side than the other. Which side goes towards the front?

Thanks!
Rob

Gvr4-330

I guess I will... I thought I'd be able to get the new control arms ready before I took the old ones off.

Rob

turbowop

Oh, I didn't realize you were readying another pair beforehand. I don't actually remember which end goes where, but you can easily see by using a flashlight under the car. You don't even need to jack it up, just throw a blanket down on the ground and lay on it and look underneath.

GVR4_1057

The rear you can check on the car as wopper has previously stated. The fronts do not matter with the bushings that you are using.
I want to see pick of that powder coating job too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gvr4-330

Thanks guys. I'll give it a try tomorrow and get pics up.

Rob

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned