The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help Save #749 in Colorado; Need parts possibly whole engine setup

JasonODB

Hello Galantvr4.org

I'm Jason from Colorado and I save awesome old cars, generally Audi/VW but now a #749 needs my help.

Here's my 87 GTI with a VR6 swap, Wavetrac, Cog belt driven V9 supercharger, VEMS standalone.

And I'm finishing up a 1990 Audi Coupe Quattro with a VR6 turbo conversion. DTA standalone, 1000cc, 118 octane, ball bearing Precision 67/66, and QUATTRO.

Here's a sweet video of the gti
click

I show you this so you know the car is now in good hands, and I need help to bring her back to original greatness and much improved with the last 20 years of technological advance and an awesome DSM community, especially the GVR4 folks. The car is a white non-sunroof 91. It has been passed around a lot and has had several drivetrains and is in pretty damn hacked up currently, especially the engine wiring harness. There's a bunch of butt connectors and soldered wires a couple inches back from the ecu too which is pretty scary. I'd really really REALLY start fresh with a factory uncut unmolested factory harness or a new harness. I know in the honda world people sell brand new harnesses. This car currently runs but it was put together junk yard style. I think the fuel pump is currently powered by a tapped stereo wire, no fuel gauge, no water temp gauge, no oil temp or press gauges, no reverse lights, fan wires are hacked.

It would be great to find some people locally with parts, but paying for shipping isn't a problem for me.

My goal for the car is 350-400 whp on a stock wiring harness and tuned(chipped) or somewhat tuneable factory ecu. Injectors, turbo, downpipe, exhaust, pistons, rods, the whole 9. I build motors so that's no problem to buy a bunch of parts and put them together, or I would be interested in something already built. I'd rather not drag this out over months and have parts taking up space that could be used fixing paying people's cars. I have 3 cars on standalone and for this car I'd prefer something that requires less thought honestly. I want to just start it and go everyday.

Need;
Uncut harnesses, engine, inside car at ecu,
Builder engine or built setup ready to throw in
white hood
white bumper
driver's seat
trunk carpet's
Correct fuel pump sender (when I got the car a few days ago the neither the return nor vent lines where connected as there was only 1 tube, and only 2 of the 6 8mm nuts holding the sending unit were present, and no damn rubber gasket. Jesus I'm glad I didn't blow up smoking menthol cig., the sending unit doesn't even have a gauge sender, it's from a totally different car)
Nice suspension setup
exhaust

I appreciate your time and consideration. I am a true car enthusiast and in my opinion this is one of the greatest cars every built, just like my GTI, and my 89 Civic that my dad bought brand new in 89 and has been in our family on the og engine for all 250k miles.

Thanks,
Jason
[email protected]

Blackwidow

Wow, looks like you got some amazing skills. The VW looks awesome. Im not a big fan of the hella flush look, but your GTI. Looks and sounds awesome. I don't have any extra parts that you listed but I have some 91 headlights and turn signals, injectors and drag slicks. Also have a sweet FMIC that I might let go of.

We have a great group of guys here in Colorado, welcome to the board. Your car makes at least 8 white VR4s here in CO! Post some pics when you get a chance.

-B.

transparentdsm

Quoting JasonODB:
I'd rather not drag this out over months and have parts taking up space that could be used fixing paying people's cars. I have 3 cars on standalone and for this car I'd prefer something that requires less thought honestly. I want to just start it and go everyday.

all i can say is good luck, i have one that can be daily driven and usually does, but i also have a back up car that isn't a 4G63 motor most of us on here do. there good, reliable cars, but there also 20+ years old now.

now that being said, welcome to the board, post pictures of the car you got and i hope your ready for tons of fun with this car. i have been into these and dsms for over 10 years now and the GVR4 is the most fun out of all of them to drive. i also used to be into audi and VW a lot like 5 years ago and your Audi quattro coupe is gorgeous, wish it was the 20v turbo in there though.

JasonODB

Don't worry, I own another Audi with a 5 cylinder 20v turbo.

1991 Audi 200, currently full RS2 setup.
Soon to be GTX2867R'd with Bosch 750 EVO injectors, 034 IIc stand alone

img.php

JasonODB

And here is my new project
#749/2000

jnava

Staff member
Sick video of your ride Jason. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

MellowVR4

SICK VIDEO, SICK CAR, CRAZY NOISE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned