The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help I think I have a bad ECU( stranded)

presterone

So I found out My knock sensor wasn't hooked up at all today. The connector (wiring harness side) looked a little messed up and it was hard to plug in but I managed to get it plugged in, then my car wouldn't start. It just cranks and dies it won't idle. I think when I hooked up the knock sensor it shorted the power wire to the ground wire. I checked the MPI fuse and its good. I have voltage to my injectors, fuel pressure is good. Spark is being distributed to my plugs. No voltage at the knock sensor with the key on. Although I am not sure if there is supposed to be until the car is running. I unplugged the knock sensor still the same thing. I am now stranded outside of work. I'm not sure if there is a main ECU fuse that may be blown or something.

Terry Posten

Does it start up and run for a second or two and then die?

If so, you have a fuel pump power issue at the ECU or MPI relay.

Could be either one.

If it is a fuel pump control issue, I "think" you can power on the fuel pump at the fuel pump test wire by the brake vacuum booster under the hood and it should run but I would not run very long like that.

presterone

Hahahaha I'm a dick, one of the wires to my Map sensor(speed density) came unhooked. The previous owner had it twisted together and electrical taped. It was just a coincedence that I bumped it while plugging in the knock sensor. I'm a jackass thank god thats all it was.

Terry Posten

Good deal.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts