The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help: evo3 o2 housing dimensions?

desant78

Hello galantvr4.org!

This is a long shot, but I figured I'd ask. I am making a spacer to inbetween my 3" DP and evo3 O2 housing, that way I stop hitting the transfercase and eliminate the exhaust leak that it causes.

I know I can get a 2g DP that would solve this problem, but I'm trying to be a lil cheap and this is a faster fix for me. I would measure this myself, but my vr4 is pretty much my DD so it is a hassle to drop the DP, measure it, re-install it, then remove it again and re-install it with the part.

So I am asking for two dimensions:

1. What is the center to center distance between the studs on a evo3 16g 02 housing?
2. What is the diameter of the studs?

Any help would save me a tons of time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif. Thanks in advance!

prove_it

Go buy a cheap exhasut gasket for a 2g . The gasket you want is the one between the cat convertor and exhaust. It's the same exact size a the evo 3 outlet. Check the how to section, I posted an oem part number not too long ago. Have it crossed listed and then you can use that as a template.

desant78

Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts