The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hello

beigetsi

I am new to the board. Figured I would introduce myself. I am on many forum boards, and I use Beigetsi for all of them so if you see that name it's me. Born and raised in Florida. Waiting to get into pharmacy school, but if no takers moving on to chemical engineering at USF. Very familiar to DSM's thought it is about time to quench that VR-4 thirst hopefully. Had been building a 90 TSi AWD 2.3l for the past 5 years but decided to move to 4 doors.

A stupid question since I can ask those here. I was researching and found some info reguarding there were 2008 91's made and 1001 92's how accurate is this and is there any owners of the key VR-4's on this forum? Such as 1/1000,2/1000,3/1000,1000/1000,2000/2000,1/2000,2/2000,3/2000. This is personal information I guess so I wouldnt be suprised if no one chimed in.

Thanks for the space,
Joshua C.S. Pruitt

Welcome. A few key ones are on the board. 3/1k, 1051/2k, 813/2k to name a few /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Talk to Iceman. He keeps track of the numbers and VIN's. Register with him and search the forums for everyone else who has registered their badge and VIN.

Hertz

Staff member
Those numbers are 100% accurate.

I think we've seen a 3, 4 and 5 and "the last one" 1000/1000. Low numbered 92s seem rare, could be in a collection somewhere... could be recycled into a new toaster. We will probably never know.

Muskrat

Also keep in mind the number doesn't actually mean anything. The badges were put on randomly at customs. If a car doesn't have a badge there's no way to tell which it was, unless it's been previously reported somewhere (like Iceman's list. Who is the only person I know of recording this stuff).

beigetsi

I wonder why the cars got badge at customs. So if you were to have a 1/1000 or 1/2000 that wouldn’t make the car anymore desired than say an in-between badge. I did notice color, and features seem to come to play. I wasn’t looking to obtain any VIN numbers I was just curious as to the majority registered, how many and if there is a compiled list of junked, scraped, etc. Just to know how many are still around. Kind of been interested in the topic of "collectables" after I learned about the GNX, and the K-codes, thought it was interesting to find car companies do stuff like this, even Mitsubishi. Brings mystery to the whole thing.

Last edited:

Muskrat

My guess would be that the badges were a marketing after-thought. Make people aware these cars were rare and they might sell better.

So yeah, 1/1000 very well could have been the LAST car off the production line, not the first for '92 like you'd think. Most likely it's just somewhere in the middle. That's why you don't see people getting hissy on here about people selling badges to put on other cars.

Of course, if your talking to someone who doesn't really know (pretty much everybody) you could always lie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

524of1000

if it's 524/1000, I'd like it back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts