The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hello!

bassman1

Hey everyone just picked up a 91 Galant VR4 (#1739). Pretty excited about this project and hope to learn alot from everyone here.

desant78

Welcome to the board! I've learned a lot from here, so you got came to the right place. Post some pictures!

gramkrakr89

Welcome! - glad to see you're starting off on the right foot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This is the best place to be for Galant VR-4 enthusiasts and tinkerers alike - so much info and so many knowledgeable people who frequent these walls.

get to know the search function well... use quotes with + and - to narrow your results to be more relevant ex.( +"turbo" -"Re:" )

read sticky threads at the top of forums to get to know the rules and maybe answer some questions before you have to ask.

good luck with your project!

bassman1

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes pictures to come very soon but a forewarning, she is not a looker, lots of work to be done. I plan on documenting this project from becoming to end so there will be plenty of pictures and questions haha.

bassman1

Pictures as promised....Like I said lots of work to be done. As of now the plan is to clean the exterior up, new hood then paint. Remove the engine to shave the bay, AEM standalone, use the 16g turbo, the block has wiseco piston/eagle rods and some other things. Lots of other small things + suspension goodies. Planning on finishing around mid/late summer.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

13.jpg

desant78

looks like you got some work ahead of ya, good luck! Keep an eye out for rust, that is what killed me my first around.

bassman1

Yeah def. keeping an eye out for that but from looking over it briefly it seems to have minimal rust. oOnce we get it to my friends garage and take the motor out we will get to work on seeing what is good/bad with the entire car.

DR1665

Man, that's a rough specimen, but it's got a certain Mad Max vibe goin' on, which is strangely appealing.

Welcome to the fray, man. Glad you're here.

LIV4PSI

As long as there isn't too much rust, and the mechanical stuff is decent, it shouldn't be too bad. Plus it is a hard top /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

bassman1

Rust seems to be at a minimum and the motor was rebuilt before I recieved it with wiseco pistons (bored over to my understanding), Eagle rods and some other goodies and I have the reciepts for that, everything else just needs to be cleaned up a bit.

GVR47111K

What is the significance of the "20" on the valve cover?

AnotherNewb

^--I was wondering that too.

This thing is going to be a money pit. Should be lots of fun, welcome to the board.

SouthCaliVR4

Quoting GVR47111K:
What is the significance of the "20" on the valve cover?

2.0? as in displacement /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

bassman1

lol not my doing (valve cover).... Yes it needs new springs/shocks. The guy gave me some kyb gr-2's still in the box and packaging but I will probably sell them and just get some coilovers. Luckily the exhaust is a 3" turbo back and it is in good shape so I can keep that but a money pit I am sure it will be.

Cool GVR-4 bud....nice to see that someone is finally relatively local. If I would have seen this vehicle on 295 without warning, I would have probably have had a heart attack lol since no one else has one.

Welcome, and good luck with it.

citymunky

man that thing is seen better days

Jesus_Negros

I just noticed this is Josh's old car out of Roanoke. He was the owner from like '08-2010 I think. The plates used to say "LOL VTEC" and the car was in better shape before. I have his number if you want some info on the car He def wont BS you. I know the two owners after him werent to ummm....nevermind.
Pics I have of the car

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts