The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hello to every one

My name is Eyad and I am from Saudi Arabia
happy to be one of this nice org.

I started to love Mitsubishi as it was the only car that handles my (very Nice carfull driving lol kidding) I dameged S500 benz engines 5 times...Nissan Morano twice... Nissan Pathfainder.... my dad's Volvos and pla pla pla so many names have no chance to remember hahahhaha
when I get Mitsubishi... I felt very relaxed in the way I care of cars...(I mean ...in the way I don't care lol)

new issue for me here ...is swaping 6A13TT on my 2004 outlander.. and I am doing good in michanical issues while really having problems with the wiring... I have a damege Harness on that 6A with lots of wires missing and broken plugs !!!! :-(

hopefully /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif will got lots of help and support to pass by that problem

last... I am not a native English speaker... so hope no one will bother by my language mistakes here ;-)

wish you all a very nice Day/ Night

Regards

Eyad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DR1665

Welcome to our community Eyad. It is exciting to know our cars bring us together around the world. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This community is mainly for the 6th generation Galant VR4 (1987-1993), which is powered by the 4G63T. There are a few people here who are familiar with the 6-cylinder Mitsubishi engines, but mostly for the trucks (Montero/Pajero/Shogun). We might not be able to help you very much. You might wish to try your luck at ClubVR4.com, which is a European forum for owners of the later model VR4s (7th and 8th generation).

The best I could do for you at this end would be to share this link I found to the 6A13TT Workshop Manual. (Download a copy and save it if you can!)

Good luck and go fast with class!

GVR47111K

Welcome aboard! Off topic but FavNumber, what are your first two languagues?

Brian D

I really appreciate that kindness ! as I found out lately that engine was not exported to USA markit at all! and some of our friends here sent me some messages that they did not even heard about that engine.... !!! we did not even have in our market and thats what makes it hard for me to found out stuff for that engine as of our dealer wont have any information about cars that he is not importing to Saudi Market!

in my case I am not sure if it would work to instull ECU and harnesses for some other car like NISSAN ZX v6 twin turbo... ! just asking as I have no idea how the hell thats wiring works !!!

wish you a real nice day/night

DR1665

Glad to help, Eyad. It is disappointing how not everyone gets every model or engine all over the world. You would believe we do not get the Colt or Triton or L300 here in North America? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

As far as I understand it, you want to install the 6A13TT from a Legnum/VR4 into a first generation Outlander/Airtek (it sounds awesome). Because I do not believe the Outlander came with a V6 option until 2005, this swap could be very tricky! There are major mechanical obstacles to such a project - motor mounts, mating the engine to the transmission, etc. - but since you are asking about wiring, here is what I would do if I were in your position.

Before getting started, are you SURE you want to use the V6? I suspect it would be MUCH easier to install a 4G63T from just about ANY Lancer Evolution made before 2009 into your Outlander and make MORE POWER for less money. This has already been done over here more than a couple times, maybe even as far back as 2006! It is something to think about...

First, I would get the workshop manuals for BOTH the Outlander/Airtek AND Legnum/VR4. These will have the wire diagrams to tell me where every wire in the Outlander engine bay must reach and also what wires connect to the SENSORS on the 6A13TT.

Next, I would think about whether to make the Outlander wire harness match the 6A1- or REPLACE IT with the wire harness from the 6A1-. This would depend on if I had the 6A1- harness.

I think it would BEST if I HAD the 6A1- harness, I would probably use that and replace the Outlander computer with the Legnum/VR4 unit. Depending on how complicated the process was, I might replace the Outlander ECU completely or just run 2 computers. There are many people here in the USA who do something like this when they install a Ford Mustang V8 into Mazda MX-5s ("Monster Miatas"), so it is possible, if not the cleanest install.

If I did NOT have the 6A1- harness, I would consult the Legnum/VR4 workshop manual to identify and label each sensor on the engine, including which wires connect to each pin on each sensor (power, signal, ground). This would be how I translated the wiring between the two vehicles.

After that, I would get the 6A1- installed in the Outlander and begin trying to connect each wire individually. For example, say I was going to connect the coolant temperature sensor (CLT). With the 6A1- installed in the Outlander chassis, I would figure out how to get the Outlander wire harness to reach the 6A1- sensor. If BOTH engines had 2-wire sensors with +12VDC & GROUND/EARTH, I suspect it would not matter what color the wires were. All I would need to do is make sure I got the polarity correct. Does that make sense?

That is how I would go about a swap like this. There will be more complicated aspects to the job, as I am sure you know! If a wire does not reach, you will have to extend it. Likewise, where a wire is too long, you will want to shorten it. There is also the matter of the Outlander computer only controlling four fuel injectors and four spark plugs, while the 6A13TT has six of each. I have no idea how that will work, unfortunately!

I hope this is at least a little help for you and your friends over there. I do not think many of us here have ever seen such a project, but please let us know how it turns out. If you cannot find any other help on the internet, there are people here who MIGHT be able to help you with specific questions if you can provide detailed pictures.

img.php
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fuel

^^ A little off-topic but the US did get the L300, simply badged as the 'Mitsubishi Wagon' for the passenger versions or the 'Mitsubishi Van' for the commercial versions.

raptorWagon

^^We also did get the Colt and the Triton just not in the later years that you're thinking of! What do you think the D50, Plymouth Arrow truck, and Mighty Max are? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DR
... Thanks lots for all of concern.
I was planing to have the 4G63t or modifying my 4G64 to be with T or twin TT, but unfortunately lots of those parts are very hard to find in my place and it available it will cost lots of money here!
neither 4g63 nor 6a13 are not available (officially) in my Market in Saudi Arabia while we do have a huge car's market next to us in United Arab Emirates as its the biggest market in the area dealing with used cars that imported directly from Japan and that where I found my 6a engine so cheap.
v6 engine are much appreciated here in Saudi as of the torque we could get from it. I know there will be lots of way to have strong 4 cyl engine... but sorry to say...we don't have much of expert guys to work with it with reasonable prices.

my engine is almost fitted in the car by now and cool things that no much headache in replacing it and mounted it with the same axles of the original out lander! all we did is just few modification on the engine mounts and that what it attract me to chose that engine... seems like plug and play with out any real cutting in the body or chassis.
most of the guys who swapped that engine to the normal Galant made lots of cut to got that engine fit. while I am much lucky than them cause of the big space Outlander got

as of my information.... no one made that swap on outlander up to date! so I hope I will be the first in the wold to do so and I need your pray guys to get me a good luck with it

I will update you to what i will got while I am still searching for the best way to pass by this wiring issue that I got

appreciate your help and your concern and wish you all a very nice and lovely days/nights

mistaVR4

First off, welcome to the site! It really is great to see members from around the world join here! You have a lot of work ahead of you. Pictures would be a big help, also their are members here that may really be able to give you some very helpful advice, Brian started you off great! I look forward to seeing pics of your progress, sounds really neat!

DR1665

This is pretty much my favorite thread on the internet right now. Just saying.

Looking forward to seeing pictures, Eyad. Hopefully we will be able to help you and your friends with the wiring. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks to all of you guys :)

thanks alot....its my pleasure to be as a part of this great family :) ... it just remind me by the school time... searching the sorces...spending hours at laps..pla pla pla .... just waiting for my finals ...and trying to post some clear photos that my helps and once again...apreciate all of this support guys!

Sorry guys to ask about this CRAZY idea.... but I will just consider it as plan (Z) just in case of all alphabet plans wont work with me here! and (excuse my very small knowledge about these issues)

How it will be possible to fit some complete wiring system from a total different cars like (300 zx turbo or twin/ Toyota supra Turbo or twin)???? if I will get their stuff much easy than mine (6A13) and few modifyign to the sensor's and some plugs???!!!!!!!!

just have strong feeling that its the most craziest idea for the year of 2011...But... I'm only asking!!

Hope you guys will replay me by using words (no one throw his coffee mug please or at least...make sure its not Hot before sending it fast to my head)!!! ;-)

DR1665

I don't think you'll have much luck using a wire harness from another car, Eyad. If it gets that bad, you might just buy bulk wire and build your own harness from scratch!

Best thing you can do right now is identify and label all the connectors on the Outlander harness, label all the sensors and connections on the 6A13, and start seeing if the Outlander harness will reach them. You will probably have to cut the Outlander harness and splice in additional wire to reach properly.

I think the hard part for you at this stage will be matching power/ground/signal at each location. After that, you will need to figure out how to control the V6 with a 4-cylinder ECU. (Perhaps you have access to a tuner who could flash the ECU with new software or something.)

Good luck!

Thank you DR1665

I got what you are telling me here! but I already have lot of shorage and missing conectors at 6A harness!
asking once again if there is a good way to build new harness from scratch because I do have the ECU with most of wires pluged to it complete almost !
the other big set of wire that will be attached to the fuse box is the part have most of the damage.
and the last or third set (that's pluged to the ingectors and coils is available too with some missing only!

so can the factory or any other offecial place give me the full digram to work on building it from scratch?

sorry again for the headache that I may cause you here guys and really appreciate your help

Regards

Thank you DR1665

I got what you are telling me here! but I already have lot of shorage and missing conectors at 6A harness!
asking once again if there is a good way to build new harness from scratch because I do have the ECU with most of wires pluged to it complete almost !
the other big set of wire that will be attached to the fuse box is the part have most of the damage.
and the last or third set (that's pluged to the ingectors and coils is available too with some missing only!

so can the factory or any other offecial place give me the full digram to work on building it from scratch?

sorry again for the headache that I may cause you here guys and really appreciate your help

Regards

DR1665

Ah, you are missing connectors on the 6A13! Now I understand.

The link I posted earlier goes to the workshop manual for the Legnum/VR4 with the 6A13TT. I suspect it will have the wire diagrams you need to build from scratch. Finding the right electrical connectors may present some difficulty though. If you shared pictures of the sensors for which you need connectors, we might be able to help you find them one-by-one, but it could be tricky.

Another option you might wish to consider! Have you heard of MegaSquirt? It is a stand-alone ECU used by many people all over the world to control their engines and could replace your ECU completely. They have a very good support forum with people experienced with installation and tuning who might be better able to help you, as they are used to figuring out how to use MegaSquirt to control many kinds of vehicles.

Here is a 12foot wire harness with one end ready to plug into the MegaSquirt and each wire needed labeled (just needs your plastic connector on the end) for US$85.

And here is a complete MegaSquirt ECU ready to control everything (including fuel, ignition, boost, and more) for US$420.

If you can build the ECU yourself, you can save some money, but you might be able to sell the Outlander ECU to recover some of the cost. I thought I would share this option with you. I have many friends who use MegaSquirt to tune their cars.

Good luck!

DR1665
thanks lot, I contacted him already and just collecting some information as he requested to give the best fit ecu and wires...at the same time comunicat with some local guys here who got such swap before for the same engine and will see what they can do
i will keep you updated as well as will try to get some clear photos of my sweet heart ;-)

I'm curious on one thing. You wrote that the 4G63 wasn't available in Saudi Arabia. Well, I just wanted to ask you if you are 100% sure that it wasn't available??

I ask this because I know of 3 GVR-4's that were exported from Saudi Arabia, 2 to sweden and 1 to finland. My GVR-4 is one of them that were exported to Sweden.

Could it maybe be that the GVR-4 were sold in a limited edition in Saudi Arabia??

Mr_Wolfy
Hi... GVR-4 is not exist in our market as of my information...few cars or parts may be imported from UAE market near to us and mainly its a japaness used cars market (left and right hand steering wheel. some will be modified to be left hand.)
sad to know that Evo also is not available too with Mitsubishi dealer!!!! ...and few cars where imported from diffrent countries as well as few where got here as special order by dealer.

Mitsibishi dealers at GCC (Saudi/Kuwait/Qatar/Bahrain/UAE and Oman) wont even have any links to order parts from the main company in Japan unless the brand name of that car will be imported to our markets...and that what i am suffering...they wont even have information about parts or any things related

one more to tell.... when I said its not available.... I mean as used or at Junk yards...cause buying stuff like blocks or complette engine will be more expensive than finding a complette used car from UAE japanies used cars market..... I just hope that I did not miss up with what I mean and its clear to be understood

Have a nice day

Thanks for your information!

Actually, when I type my vin number in CAPS/MASA it says that my VR-4 is a GCC car, so it must be as you say that it comes from the UAE market! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks again for your information!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned