The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hello from Canada

AWDnoobie

Hello everyone, my name is Michael and I live in Alberta Canada. Ive bin lurking on the forums for a few weeks now. I just bought a vr4 shell last week and im bringing it home this Saturday. Going to try to spruce her up over the next few months and hopefully have it running by my Bday. The only bad thing is that I dont have a number of XXXX/2000, so hopefully I can maybe find that out once i have the vin number.

Anyways I hope to make some new friends here and may find some other locals with vr4s also

thedsmguy

From what I can tell vin#s dont give you jack for info sorry. Just make up a cool number for it.. maybe 1234/2000 or 1051/2000 lol. < its a joke I swear.
Good luck with it. And most of all have fun!

Welcome to the org. On the badge plaque, they were numbered randomly, not in order with the vin. Your best bet on that is to cross your fingers, and pm the iceman like jesse W stated and hope he has it on record already. Good luck

DR1665

You could badge it "1 of Canada."

Welcome. Good to head about another one being salvaged. (Although I think it would be unbelievably cool if you did it up like a turbocharged, AWD Eagle 2000GTX.)

One an Eagle owner. Always an Eagle owner.

raptorWagon

Welcome and good luck on the restore.

Last edited by a moderator:

AWDnoobie

thanx everyone. I went to a auto show today to get some inspiration, but it didnt really help... It was all new cars, the only one that did turn my head was a m3 with a carbon roof. Also a cute gurl with a nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gifss

Any pics of the girl with the ass? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

AWDnoobie

sorry dude, i wasnt fast enough... damn ogre of a bf around her, lol

curtis

Should have asked him to take himself out of the picture because he owns a girl car. Oh and 1051 would be a good number you'll have plenty of nutswingers within hours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

AWDnoobie

if anyone has a extra number emblem around and they want to sell it, give me a shout... Anyways, i surveyed the damage, and the car is in pretty good shape, wont know till i really get it up on a hoist tho. But from what I was told from other owner, is that the car spent more time sitting in canada then being driven. The odometer has about 125k on it. All i need to do is add motor tranny and ecu.

I have a block being prepped and balanced with stock crank, 6bolt rods with .20 JE pistons(bought them that way) The head im going with +1mm valves and some used comp cams(#101300 and about 5k on them) for the turbo im going with a holset hx40 and a split mani fold. I even got a set of Zeal coilovers. I have to send some pictures to EndlessUSA to see what the price of rebuilding them is going to cost. For the tranny im not sure what im going to do yet, just might try a stock one for now, and then see what Jacks Transmission can do for me over the winter for next year. Im thinking of going with a megasquirt ecu, the previous owner said it worked great with above engine combo(im buying all of his turbo and cam stuff) And last but not least, i have a nice shinny Magnus 1g race intake with 75mm hole init, just have to find a dead pony to get a tb from.

Ill have some pictures up here tomorrow, I want to take a few more of the beast for members to see.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned