The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

hello everyone how to define this car..

sakroda

Hello
I need your help I have 1990 awd talon but I want to buy 4 doors car also I found a galant hatchback 1992 model but I could not define the car.Previous owners are swaped the car or not pls have a look the car pics This is stock galant or swapped? its FWD not AWD and it has turbo boost gauge on cluster really I am confused It s imported to Turkey I guess so this model has been produced before or Am i right is it swapped car_?
thanks

lowcashleblanc

I didn’t know a GTI existed. From what I just read, they came non turbo and in FWD. From what I can see in the photos, if it was a swap a 4g63t was used or the NA 4g63 was turbocharged using OEM parts. I don’t know enough to tell the difference between the two.

Does the title say GTI or Can you get the vin inspected to verify it?

Here is we’re I read it came non turbo from the factory. click

Here is another link with more specs. click

Edit: Also the gauge cluster has a boost meter. So if it really came non turbo who ever swapped it went the extra mile/kilometer and added a gauge cluster from a turbo model. OR....this car could just be a bastard from the factory.

Last edited:

JNR

I thought only the DSM came with the "2000" valve cover?

lowcashleblanc

This example looks like it’s in extremely good condition, regardless of it being swapped or not and without knowing it’s asking price. I’d pay good money for it. Looks like it has been well taken care of.

The Instrument panel is LHD spec. So I can at least say it’s not a JDM sourced part.

It looks similar to a US spec 89 NA Galant GS FWD I had with adjustable damping and ride height. No Galant FWD models came to North America with a turbo as far as I know. The front wheel drive models had a different front halfshaft design (unequal length halfshafts) and the DOHC models had some torque steer on acceleration. The turbo models have an intermediate shaft to the drivers side halfshaft to eliminate the front torque steer. I wonder what this one has?

sakroda

THanks for reply I guess previous owners done swap car project I researched on the net I did not see like this. There is a model it calls dynamic 4 but it does not have turbo version..
it will be mystery for me:)

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
We need Fuel (Phil) to weigh in. He knows the obscure facts about JDM and export models.

Nice looking car though.

misterfixit

Post or PM the vin on the firewall, i'll let you know what it was built as.
Being in turkey, LHD and with big bumpers, I'd suggest it was a GCC destination car.
Lets get the vin and work from there.

Cheers
Rich

Last edited:

AllanL

adjustable damping panel appears to be just for 'display'
front shock mounts do not have the extra covers to the adjustable damping.

no photos of the underside?

euro LHD GTi hatch body with US bumpers..

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I'd take it. It has the Radwood vibe going for it...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts