The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

hella horns

Chase

Has anyone put these in their gvr4? I hooked them up the way I had on my SRT and when I turn the ignition the horns just blast haha. Is there an alarm I need to disable or pull the fuse from? I got one in, need to pick up a bolt for the other.

83163946.jpg

Brunoboy

Not. Bad, I wanna get a set, my homie has 8 on his Integra.

CSMShaun

How did you wire it in? If it is a simple two wire horn then all you would have needed to do was use the OE wires from the OE horn.

Chase

I dont care if Subaru started the trend, I like them so flame all you want. They look decent and they are nice and loud to get these Chicago morons out of the way. I wired them into the stock horn and for some reason they stay on constantly. Just figured Id ask.Ill mess with the wiring again later.

boostedinaz

^^^

My thoughts exactly.

Anybody know where I could get a set of pink hellas? I'd like a set to match my underglow and engine dress kit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brunoboy

our horns are hella ***** compared to a Hella Horn,IMO Id rather have people hear me, then not hear me....

2of9

trying to get a neon green one with the MONSTER emblem on it currently. it will match my BG gvr4

curtis

Quoting boostedinaz:
^^^

My thoughts exactly.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

cheekychimp

Quoting brunoboy:
our horns are hella ***** compared to a Hella Horn,IMO Id rather have people hear me, then not hear me....

I used to have a police siren in my V6 VR4. That thing was fun. Not only was it loud but a few blips had pedestrians jumping back on the sidewalk as well as cars moving out of the way.

turbowop

Quoting brunoboy:

So then replace the stock horn with a Hella in the stock location maybe? Won't really change how loud it is having it visible behind the grill, besides the fact that it looks like sh*t having some brand new brightly colored horn in a beat down gvr4 next to a rusty hood and haggard front end. Hawt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Brunoboy

i thought you guys were bashing on the product, not the location of the product. I was going to mount them in the stock locations..........

Chicago1

My horn sounds like a dying seal. I think me yelling out the sunroof has a better efect I need something to replace the stocker.

Tre3zy

^ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif at least yours still works.... mine doesnt....

boostedinaz

Quoting brunoboy:
i thought you guys were bashing on the product, not the location of the product. I was going to mount them in the stock locations..........

I just hate that 30 seconds after buying a Suby everyone goes out and buys two Hellas horns and installs them in the grill. I'm sure they are super nice horns but that is so far down on the list of things to do and buy for a project car even if our stock horns are gayer than a bag of dicks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts