The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Harness Bar

number3

Geno said:

Got mine in today and layed some paint on it this afternoon.

Get one while they are available guys!

number3

Is there anymore interest? I had a bunch of people want one but after the I shipped 10 I haven't heard a peep. I am in the process of making more but I don't want o be stuck with them. If you are interested and haven't ordered one but simply need some time to work "things" out please let me know.

Thank you,
Harry

dustyduff

Bump for an excellent product. The harness bar is definitely a quality piece. Get them while they're hot!!!

number3

boostedinaz

Looks to be the rear seat area of #3 which is caged.

Not sure what that has to do with a harness bar unless it is to show what it kinda might looks like if you bought one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

number3

Playing with the idea of straps that could be wrapped around the bar then bolted to the rear oem seat belt mounts for a little extra strength. Any takers if the price is right?

Brunoboy

what kind of price are we talking? and colors?

number3

People are asking how does it get installed. Very good question. It is easy. (note the first two pictures are just for reference. You don't remove everything as shown in the photo)

Last edited:

number3

Quoting brunoboy:
what kind of price are we talking? and colors?

Black or Gray. $40-50

number3

According to all the UPS tracking numbers everyone from the first batch got their bars.

What do you think? Let see some photos of them installed.

GreenGSX

Mine came about 5-seconds after I ordered it but I haven't had a chance to get it installed yet. I fixed my fuel issues first so the car would move and now I'm turning up the wick a bit by replacing my L1R with a GT30. Should have that done by tomorrow and then I'll work on the harness bar.

1870 is down for some debugging and JDM mirror install /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks #3! fits like a glove!

Yes those seats are ugly as hell, but they work. Still gotta order in my belts.

Edit: The Bar position is right on in my opinion. Yes my seats are all the way back in the "cool guy" position. Not in competition / pay attention position.

This product is better than I thought it would be and #3 nailed the fitment perfectly. I didn't have to pull, twist or hammer AT ALL. Slide it in behind your seat belt rail and use the existing bolts to lock it all down. Perfect and easy.

However, if your B pillars are brittle, be very careful! I murdered mine. (California baked car)

Last edited by a moderator:

Boostdtalon

2011-04-19125351.jpg

2011-04-19161507.jpg

2011-04-19124032.jpg

I think it took longer for me to get the harness mounted but the harness bar went in pretty smoothly.

AnotherNewb

The back seat view reminds me of the safety bar on a roller coaster... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

number3

Looks good in there. Thank you.

number3

Talked about this a little bit in the for sale ad.

number3

Could someone answer this question for a fellow board member, for me, please?

"What is the distance from the b-pillar to the inside of the bar (length wise)? I'm just trying to see if it will clear my seat before I make a purchase."

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts