The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hard to believe I kept my VR4

Thumper

It was been since 2005 when the turbo went out. 16 years later I still own it. Maybe I will find a couple of thousand dollars just lying around to get er back on the road.

galant344

Do it!

Vince

Do it before parts become a seriously hard to get.

BTW I bought 1212 in '93 (second owner), and still have her! Totally unmolested and running strong!

yeti

1292 sat for 10 years spent about 4K getting it back on the road last year. Took on a road trip to San Francisco from San Diego. Cracked the tranny a week later, been sitting for another year lol

Hopefully just found a new trans for $350 I’m gonna hop on tomorrow then another couple months before I have cash and motivation to put it in.

Stanlejf

Of course give him a chance. 😊
Two years ago I also bought mine to save him and bring him back to the roads 😉

received_335193388483778.jpeg

Last edited:

DaygoErm

1292 sat for 10 years spent about 4K getting it back on the road last year. Took on a road trip to San Francisco from San Diego. Cracked the tranny a week later, been sitting for another year lol

Hopefully just found a new trans for $350 I’m gonna hop on tomorrow then another couple months before I have cash and motivation to put it in.
Hey, how is 1292? Every now and then, I’ll pop in here and see if my babies are still alive? Hahaha we were going down memory lane with the guys. That car was in grassroots Motorsports back in the days too.

diambo4life

Mine has been sitting pretty close to 10 months now and I can't stand it. It runs...just has a non working trans. I start it up every couple weeks or so.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts