The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

hard brake lines under car

Does anyone know if these are still available from mitsubishi and if so what are the part numbers? I am referring to the hard lines that run from
the brake module to the rear of the car or am I sol and need to bend lines to replace the rusted leaking ones? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Adorsey

They are so long. And there is that double bend in the front subframe. Unless I could pick up the lines from the dealer with out them bending on me, then I'd ask the dealer. But with passed experience of bending the non-abs lines that I made for the galant. And it being not that hard to do. I would buy a spool of brake line and many fittings to do myself.

I've seen this topic up by you before, and I know I didn't answer your true question. But if I had CAPS on my blackberry I'd check, but that's a no go. As far as I know the dealer still makes feyfobs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Jk...

Struc

I wouldn't even bother, as was already mentioned. Buy a roll of brake line (25ft), and the correct ends, a bending tool, a double flare tool, and go at it yourself. I just did this on my GVR4 a couple months ago.

Everyone will tell you to drop the front rack & subframe to get the lines in the stock location, but I just ran the lines closer to the center of the car, and through some rubber hose for protection from vibration. I also ran the passenger side line back to the rear on the passenger side of the car instead of the stock location. Pulled the rear steering lines out and ran the brake line there instead. It's not a hard job - just very long and tedious.

So it looks like it will be custom bent lines from some store bought brake lines or I may buy some lines from a
company that sells -3 stainless brake lines will re-post with results later thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adorsey

That would be nice. The flexability of ss would deffinatly change my mind.

Nartanian

Back from dead. I need to redo my brake lines that run under the Galant as well. Just wondering if any one makes direct replacement lines for the Galant. If you ended up just buying regular lines though, what's the best way to bend them without causing a restriction?

Last edited:

Struc

I bought and used one of these when I did mine.

Amazon - brake line bending tool

I think I got it from Advance Auto parts, but any auto parts store should have one. They are cheap and work well.

Nartanian

Perfect. I will try tackling this next week. Any tips or advice? I suppose it's not hard to figure out. Just measure the line, place bends where needed and begin flaring.

boostx

yep

Struc

Quoting Nartanian:
Perfect. I will try tackling this next week. Any tips or advice? I suppose it's not hard to figure out. Just measure the line, place bends where needed and begin flaring.

Not sure what state of disassembly your car is in, but I pulled my intake manifold to make enough room to get at the proportioning valve on the firewall, and bend the lines properly once in the engine bay. I can't imagine doing the job with it in the way.

EDIT: Don't forget a line cutting tool if you don't have one:
Ridgid Line Cutting tool at Amazon

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts