The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GVR4 Carbon Fiber Fenders Do They Make

As anyone seen a website or anything that makes carbon fiber fenders for our cars if so where and link needed, and also do u have any pics of these? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

NateCrisman

Stock front fender weight, Im not kidding, less than 2lb. I think they would be heavier than stock in CF. Complete waste of time. If you want it to look like CF, just have them vinyl wrapped in CF look.

Last edited:

Barnes

Why? They really aren't that heavy. Or you want to do a wide body or something along those lines?

onesickcrx

Im not huge into carbon fiber but on Hondas I know it does look pretty sick on black cars carbon hood and fenders blends in really well mabe thats his thought... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Or mabe hes got dented ones that need replacement /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

fivestardsm

Quoting NateCrisman:
Stock front fender weight, Im not kidding, less than 2lb. I think they would be heavier than stock in CF. Complete waste of time. If you want it to look like CF, just have them vinyl wrapped in CF look.

+1. They are so light its crazy. I can definetly see a possible weight savings of Maybe a pound each if they were done resin style, and maybe a half again with dry carbon if you wanted to spend a ton of money for not enough gain.

yea i have a nile black one i am going to be doing carbon fiber hood and trunk and was just wondering if they made them im gonna be doing a little weight reduction to comp for my size of a driver lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

blacksheep

I can make them - I need atleast 20 orders and full payment up front. Prototype will take about 360 days to make after I have someone send me their fender. PM me if interested...

EDIT - I am joking. Please do not PM me...

Last edited:

Barnes

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

GIjoe

Quoting blacksheep:
I can make them - I need atleast 20 orders and full payment up front. Prototype will take about 360 days to make after I have someone send me their fender. PM me if interested...

lol

onesickcrx

Quoting blacksheep:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Rausch

IN!....Hey....wait a minute.....I'm not falling for that, unless you really are gonna make them, then I'm in.

blacksheep

Quoting Rausch:
IN!....Hey....wait a minute.....I'm not falling for that, unless you really are gonna make them, then I'm in.

I am also making super duper light hoods and trunks, here are some sneak pics...

images

This is JDM 1x1 weave BTW

JNR

well, there's one way for blacksheep to eventually disappear around here: CF group buy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

blacksheep

People, I was joking about the CF fender making..Its a long running joke that anything CF related to the GVR-4 has been doomed somehow.

Sorry 651vr4 - I know you are serious, but honestly I cannot even draw fenders, let alone make one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

turboflanagan

Quoting JNR:
well, there's one way for blacksheep to eventually disappear around here: CF group buy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I WANT IN ON THAT GROUPBUY!!! Let me know how much to send and where to send it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rausch

Quoting blacksheep:
Quoting Rausch:

I am also making super duper light hoods and trunks, here are some sneak pics...

images

This is JDM 1x1 weave BTW

Ok, I'm in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned