The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Guys with Evo seats please step inside.

cupajoe

Going to be trying to locate some Evo 9 SSL seats soon and have a few questions. I'm 6'3" and looking to lower the seating area and wondering how much head room you guy gained? I know the Curtis brackets are made of what looks like 1x1" and wondering is it possible to get it lower then that?

Thanks for any input!

EMX5636

I think I'm using .75" square on mine but you could get crafty with some angle or brace some flat and go lower. There isn't many clearance issues under the seat. I feel like I'm about an inch or two lower in the car.

cupajoe

Oh wow, couple inches would be awesome! I was actually thinking about trying to make a flat piece of steel work. Thanks man.

dsmless

A flat piece of steel works good, make sure its 1/4" thick and is a does not flex much. I used flat metal strips I got at a local metal supplier and just cut as needed. You will have to chim up the back sides as it will sit at a backwards angle, I used 1" round aluminum stock drilled a hole and a longer bolt.

EMX5636

Quoting cupajoe:
Oh wow, couple inches would be awesome! I was actually thinking about trying to make a flat piece of steel work. Thanks man.

I think a lot of it is the design and padding in the seat. I know the base isn't an inch or two lower, but it feels like you sit more "in" an Evo seat than "on" it like the stock GVR4 ones.

cupajoe

Quoting dsmless:
A flat piece of steel works good, make sure its 1/4" thick and is a does not flex much. I used flat metal strips I got at a local metal supplier and just cut as needed. You will have to chim up the back sides as it will sit at a backwards angle, I used 1" round aluminum stock drilled a hole and a longer bolt.

Exactly what I was looking for! IF you could snap some pictures or have any from when you installed that would help a bunch!

dsmless

Yeah no problem, I will donit as soon as I get back home from work. PM me for some extra height spacers I have extra

tsitalon1

Seriously thinking of switching to Evo IX GSR seats, besides the brackets,what else is needed?

Mostly wondering about how this affects the stock seatbelt setup.

strokin4dr

Yes. You just have to bolt on the stock buckle so it latches correctly.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts