The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Guess who's back!!!

SouthCaliVR4

Hey all, It's Geoffrey, formerly known as IslandVR4.

Had some Irs & legal trouble so I took a page from the rich people handbook & got myself out of country working for KBR in Afghanistan while the lawyers & the feds horked pretty much everything I could earn. However, the situation is handled & I'm back. I had put the VR4 up for sale before I left & again when I got back before relocating to southern Cali but never got any decent offers & didn't feel like giving her away. In retrospect I'm happy it worked out that way & that I got to keep her.

So, 825/2000 is still alive & being brought back from her storage blues. I have one last drivability issue to sort but otherwise she's running great & soon budget will allow for body work & paint.

Anyway thought I'd register back up & say howdy, Also extend apologies for some parts snafu's that took place as my world imploded, my understanding is that everybody had their money refunded but if there are any out-standings please let me know & I will make them right!

I'm currently located in north San Diego county & hope to run into a few of you, metaphorically speaking of course.

BTW, I do need a couple door panels pass front & drivers rear & that little trim bit on the drivers door bottom of the window, if anyone local to my area has these I love to meet up & buy them off you.

Last edited:

ApexHunter

Hey, welcome back. What part of NCSD are you in? Pretty much all nice areas, and a lot of good driving roads all over SD county.

I was down at Ecology auto wrecking in o-side about 6 or 7 months ago and they had a 91 SW gvr4 there with a decent interior. Could be gone but i'd say it's worth looking into.

SouthCaliVR4

In Fallbrook. where is this wrecking yard of which you speak? I'm game to go check, I have the next couple days off.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Welcome back Geoff. Always wondered how your situation worked out. good to hear you are back on your feet.

SouthCaliVR4

Thanks, it's good to be back & back on my feet, not to mention out of that effen desert hell hole /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif. Got myself working as shop forman at a decent place not to far away in vista. Soon I'll get to finish my lingering projects on the vr4.
I'm gonna go pull my ecu in a few & double check nothing going there I could swear & did the caps but now can't think of wether it was mine or someone elses. I'm getting a weird intermitant misfire right at transition from cold to opperating temp & it feels stumbly when cruising at steady throttle. I found a lot of water in the tank when I pulled her out of storage & may have an injector giving it up as a result. Everything else checks out, so if my ecu appears fine I'll use this as an excuse to upgrade injectors, pump & get an adjustable fuel press regulator. that way I'll be all set up for the electronics upgrade & my next jump in power /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SouthCaliVR4

Hey mods can I get my "Momma Bear" back, seeing as how Kody Ack is still laying at my feet & newbie seems a tad improper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif. Of course I could just take up post whoring as a hobby for a while & let the count do the job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

ApexHunter

Quoting SouthCaliVR4:
In Fallbrook. where is this wrecking yard of which you speak? I'm game to go check, I have the next couple days off.

2315 Carpenter Road
Oceanside, CA 92058-1213

It's right off the 76. Looks like they are having one of their 50% off sales this weekend, those can be awesome and they only happen a few times a year. More Info

You've got a lot of good roads relatively close in the Valley Center area as well as Palomar Mountain just a bit further east.

SouthCaliVR4

Cool I'll go check it out, I thought I saw a wrecking yard round there. I have found a couple fun roads to play on so far. first paycheck at the new gig tomorrow, looking forward to gas money to play with. my girl always likes to be flogged, makes her purr /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts