The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Photoshoot Pics

GSX_TC

This is for all the guys on here that havent seen the new pics yet. 

Cheers
Mike

IMG_6590small.jpg

IMG_6594small.jpg

IMG_6606small-1.jpg

IMG_6609small-1.jpg

IMG_6613small-1.jpg

IMG_6631small-1.jpg

IMG_6639small.jpg

IMG_6648small-1.jpg

IMG_6703small-1.jpg

IMG_6718small-1.jpg

IMG_6721small-1.jpg

IMG_6730small-1.jpg

IMG_6733small-1.jpg

IMG_6741small-1.jpg

IMG_6772small-1.jpg

IMG_6811small-1.jpg

IMG_6834small-2.jpg

IMG_6837small-1.jpg

IMG_6852small-1.jpg

IMG_6862small-1.jpg

IMG_6893small-1.jpg

IMG_6910small-1.jpg

IMG_6943small-1.jpg

IMG_6952small-1.jpg

boosted_85

Is it just me or does it look like your lip looks warp on the passenger side? Car looks clean and keep up the good work.

GSX_TC

Yeah it is a little bit, i guess it's just the way of the molding of it, it does kinda bother me though

beaner

Quoting GSX_TC:
IMG_6631small-1.jpg

I know you get sh*t on here for your muffler, but is that how it's supposed to hang?

Car looks brand new man. Good work.

GSX_TC

Yes, will tint the windows later on, the car will be at the shootout again next year hopefully with alot more done by then.

@beaner, yes that's how it's supposed to hang, but I'm thinking of upsizing the piping a bit and changing the muffler to either an HKS Carbon Ti or Apexi World Sport.

cheekychimp

Mike,

The lip shouldn't be a hard fix. If it is flexible you should be able to straighten it with a heat gun. If you are worried about damaging the new paint take it to a body shop they really should be able to fix it. Even if it costs a few bucks, I'd be inclined to get it done because I know I'd keep looking at it.

As for the exhaust beaner, I don't want Mike to get all upset again but it is my understanding that it is not a Galant specific exhaust and it isn't supposed to hang like that on this car. I know Mike is passionate about it but I'm not sure if it is just the sound he likes or if he really likes it being at an angle like that. If it is the latter, I think we will all have to agree to disagree because he clearly has no intention of getting rid of it.

If however Mike you just don't want to lose the exhaust, given all the work you have done on the car, haven't you considered going to a good exhaust shop and having them put one custom bend in the exhaust so that it sits straight and tucks up better? Everything else aside you would gain a ton of ground clearance and probably be able to protect the new paint on you rear bumper as well.

I really don't want you to get upset again. The car looks super clean and you deserve to be proud of it. It's just strange that when you have such a good eye for what makes the car look super clean and original that you wouldn't want to sort this out. I get the feeling you just don't want to back down now because people have given you such a hard time over it.

Romanova

Unhook the auto seatbelts next time for stationary shots... huge distraction for me.
Rolling shots look great!

fuel

^^ yes yes yes!!

that has turned one tidy car into something just about spot on. Other than the exhaust the only things I would change would be fit an intercooler and perhaps change out the rims to something 17x9 with more agressive offset.

LIV4PSI

Quoting GSX_TC:
Yes, will tint the windows later on, the car will be at the shootout again next year hopefully with alot more done by then.

You will have to PM me on here or text Mark your shootout plans once the time gets closer. Hopefully we will be racing 1501 this year. I'm glad your crazy enough to make the drive again.Anyways, the pics look great.

Last edited:

cheekychimp

Quoting fuel:
^^ yes yes yes!!

that has turned one tidy car into something just about spot on. Other than the exhaust the only things I would change would be fit an intercooler and perhaps change out the rims to something 17x9 with more aggressive offset.

Wheels are always a subjective choice. In Mike's defence I am pretty sure he has said he is currently working on an intercooler to fill the front bumper aperture as completely as possible and is also getting some camber arms to sort out the issue with the rear wheels. Once the rear camber is corrected I think the actual offset of the wheels is okay. But yeah I just can't understand why Mike doesn't like the look beaner has demonstrated there.

dsmgst

looks awesome, only thing i can complain about is the weather stripping needs some TLC. car looks great otherwise!

cheekychimp

I actually hadn't noticed that but you are right. Some nice matte black paint would make that look good. I think in all honesty 9 out of 10 of us need to do that job. I know I do!

thedsmguy

Although I dont agree with the muffler, rear camber, wheels (black/silver) and window trims, I do appreciate the work and effort put into this car. I'd suggest window tint. I really like the quality of pics and that oso nice paint job.

Keep up the love of the car.

GSX_TC

Thanks for the kind words guys, FMIC will be next along with tint and rear camber arms, and I like how that Photoshop pic looked but it's a bit decieving because the USDM bumper doesn't allow the exhaust to be flush like in the picture. But I like it. I think if I were to go that route I would go with 3.5 in straight pipe the whole way then add that twin tip to the very end of it.

As for the front lip, a heat gun wouldn't fix it because the lip is fiber glass, I'll see if the body shop guy can address that a bit more, but I'm just soo swamped with this whole getting out of the marines stuff right now. Plus I'm trying to get both cars prepped for the 20+ hour drive back to Houston Texas in march.

Car is far from being done so please don't think I'm done yet haha. Hope to see y'all at the shootout next year! =)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts