The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

GSX_TC

Well it's for sure now, I booked a flight to Florida to go pick up my GTR myself, we'll be in Orlando by 2pm on Saturday april 18th. If anyone can give us a ride from the airport to Sanford we would really appreciate it, if not no problem.

GSX_TC

Thank you!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
You too can be one of the cool kids.

click

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Yeah I saw that, he only did 250 miles though. I'm doing over 1,000 miles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSX_TC

Well I feel a lot better now, Rivsu just told me to swing by so I can grab a plate to go home with. And I just got the car insured yesterday over the phone. So I should be all set.

LIV4PSI

Quoting GSX_TC:
Yeah I saw that, he only did 250 miles though. I'm doing over 1,000 miles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I drove my STI home from Orlando, exactly 1,000 miles. It's fun, be safe and enjoy yourself

prove_it

Is your road trip going to be like Paul Walkers trip in the short movie for 2Fast2Furious?

GSX_TC

Lol racing people along the way, slowly making money till I get to Miami? Lol no it won't haha. It'll be more chill and I'll be with my girl the whole time just enjoying the open road and getting used to the car.

Last edited:

MellowVR4

Bet you get pulled over on the way! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSX_TC

Cool story bro.

MellowVR4

But have fun with that sweet car.

prove_it

Find a nissan dealer close, have oil and filter with you and get the oil changed and make sure the tires are good for the trip.

Just looking out for ya. Who knows how old the oil is or if the tires are ready to burst from sitting for a while.

GSX_TC

Yep Oil was just changed, and tires are going to need to be changed eventually, while im up there I plan on getting a few oil filters from Rivsu so I can have them back home.

Olson

Please change the tires as soon as you can. If you haven't noticed from the pictures those are snow tires..... its not really snowing out anymore

GSX_TC

Yep I was aware thanks.

bazeng

Good luck with the GTR mate.

Good cars when they are taken care of. I've seem alot in shops though (more than Mitsubishi's).
They can be somewhat problematic especially with the oiling system (I've seen quite a few go into the shop for full rebuilds due to oil starvation).

Keep in mind that they have poor oil return from the head to the sump.
There are a few mods you can do but they are not fail safe.

Be sure to keep us up to date with how you go.

If you want to go all out on the GTR, do what the big boys do and buy a RB30 block with an RB26 head. 3.0 Litres of mayhem.

Here is a helpful link:

RB26 oil problem

slugsgomoo

Don't know how long you're planning on driving... did you make it back, or did you get arrested /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MellowVR4

Go to anything goes for GTR info.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned