The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

Jesus_Negros

Okay...I think I get it.

prove_it

It does add to the brag list too... I mean mod list.

LIV4PSI

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Mike, you should ditch that aluminum transfer case for a steel unit while you're under the car dicking with it.

Hopefully he already has a steel transfer case. I don't think it works with the aluminum ones.

And Mike does race his car. I've seen the videos on the book of faces

GSTwithPSI

Looks like an aluminum case to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Even if it does fit the case, doesn't look like it will clear the down pipe.

9FB88EEC-B5A2-486D-8763-D9034AD1EA82_zpsgyuxxavl.jpg

prove_it

It's designed to replace the side cover on the t-case. That's how it will clear, although it does look like it could get tight.

slugsgomoo

might have to spend the money on an exhaust so it doesn't get all sooted up and look like crap... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GSX_TC

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Mike, you should ditch that aluminum transfer case for a steel unit while you're under the car dicking with it.

Yep you're right Brett. I think I'll do that.

Quoting LIV4PSI:
Quoting GSTwithPSI:

Hopefully he already has a steel transfer case. I don't think it works with the aluminum ones.

And Mike does race his car. I've seen the videos on the book of faces

Yep I race it all the time, and it works on all 1g manual transmission Tcases. But I'll take Brett's advice and source one of the beefier Tcases.

Quoting prove_it:
It's designed to replace the side cover on the t-case. That's how it will clear, although it does look like it could get tight.

Yep Andrew Kisner and Tim Zimmer say it'll clear 4 inch down pipes. It looks thick as hell like if it won't clear but it actually becomes part of the tcase once you install it, it sounds like a complicated process to put it on. But it's worth it.

prove_it

Complicated? Never put a brace on, but I've had the side cover off before and it's not bad. I would pony up a few bucks and throw new bearings in the case and get it shimmed.

I wonder if using this brace with an aluminum case would beef it up to a bit better than a plain steel case? I prefer the aluminum ones when I'm on jackstands trying to set it back in. Those few pounds help.

How much does the brace weigh Mike?

minneSNOWta

Mike. When are we going to see a FF valve cover /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif?

GSX_TC

Quoting prove_it:
Complicated? Never put a brace on, but I've had the side cover off before and it's not bad. I would pony up a few bucks and throw new bearings in the case and get it shimmed.

I wonder if using this brace with an aluminum case would beef it up to a bit better than a plain steel case? I prefer the aluminum ones when I'm on jackstands trying to set it back in. Those few pounds help.

How much does the brace weigh Mike?

I'm most likely gonna send it off to Tim Zimmer to have it installed the correct way and shimmed. Tim was saying there's all this stuff I would have to do and I don't wanna f*** it up so I'll just send it to him. The Transfer case brace weighs 7 pounds btw.

Quoting AnotherNewb:
How I imagine Mike every time a new part becomes available

Lol right.

Quoting minneSNOWta:
Mike. When are we going to see a FF valve cover /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif?

No I dont really like that valve cover. I'm very happy with my red powdercoated one. =)

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting GSX_TC:

Yep I race it all the time

No timeslips, no care... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

No argument there haha.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Well guys, Samara is finally gonna have some legit seats! I've always wanted these hard to find EVO 9 SE Recaro's with the red stitching and I finally found a set locally that I couldn't let pass me by, I scored the front and rears and will be putting them on next week. The fronts I have brackets for but the rears will need some modification to fit. I'm soo excited and can't wait to get these in the car!!

Now onto the 100 different angles of the same seats lol

Last edited:

prove_it

Damn son. Very nice. Did you manage to get them less than 4 digits?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts